Shirt Design Software for designing Shirts

Started by johnypeter, August 30, 2016, 05:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hutch--

This is what we needed to see in the first place, a software product to be used by clothing manufacturers who are geared to make a range of pre-designed shirts with a range of options that the customer chooses.  This is not even vaguely "Bespoke Tailoring" but it is a viable option for people who are able to wear reasonably standard shaped clothing where they can pick through the options to get something like what they want.

For the obvious reason it is not without its risks as it depends on how well a customer understands how clothing fits them and sad to say many people have no idea of how to fit their own body shape. It will work for some but there is no substitute for an experienced eye in the fitting process. I know of commercial arrangements where an experienced tailor does the measuring and fitting then the sizes are sent off to Indo-China to be made with low cost labour and the results can be reasonably good.

For people with difficult figures or people who are very fussy about how clothing fits there is no substitute for a true bespoke tailor who does the measurement, makes the test garment, tests the fit and makes the final garment. This will deliver the highest quality but at a higher price.
The magnificent tools of the professional tailor
https://movsd.com/tailors_shears/  ;) ;D

Henry Hall

'Being perfectly well-dressed gives one a tranquillity that no religion can bestow.' - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

lepus

I've just had an opportunity to watch the shirt module demo video, and I can't say I'm very impressed. The interface seems simple and straightforward enough, but I'm very disappointed with the quality of the virtual garment display. In fact, it isn't even a virtual garment, just an overlay of standard pictures, which, for instance, gives a very false idea of what the checked collar will look like. Only two viewing angles are given, no rotation is shown. There are several far more sophisticated models around nowadays, and I'm sure the clever people in Pune, India could come up with something far better.
As it is, it fulfils probably the most basic needs of a shirt manufacturer that wants to expand into some online individualised ordering.

johnypeter

Quote from: lepus on September 04, 2016, 03:46:43 AM
I've just had an opportunity to watch the shirt module demo video, and I can't say I'm very impressed. The interface seems simple and straightforward enough, but I'm very disappointed with the quality of the virtual garment display. In fact, it isn't even a virtual garment, just an overlay of standard pictures, which, for instance, gives a very false idea of what the checked collar will look like. Only two viewing angles are given, no rotation is shown. There are several far more sophisticated models around nowadays, and I'm sure the clever people in Pune, India could come up with something far better.
As it is, it fulfils probably the most basic needs of a shirt manufacturer that wants to expand into some online individualised ordering.

Thanks for watching our shirt design tool video. We are working on it and will improve the Interface & other parameters to the best