Interesting armhole shape; how to do it?

Started by LeiaOrgana2187, December 25, 2017, 07:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeiaOrgana2187

Well... I kinda find these patterns interesting due to their peculiar armhole shape. I know these are military uniform but I want to show it.

Some German examples to represent metric-based patterns:

Some British examples to represent the English system-based patterns:

Compare with a regular pattern for a standard lounge coat (Rundschau and MTOC)

The question is.... what kind of adjustments I should make to convert the armhole into the one seen in military uniform patterns?

Basically this....

To this?

posaune

This armholes are ok. They are in a tight fitting garment with a small esase in armhole depth and bust circ. And it May be that the Rundschau Draft has no s.a. included.
Lg
Posaune

TTailor

I think the Rundschau has a straighter position for the neck point and therefore a more open armhole. The military uniforms generally are cut more crooked, and the shape of the armhole reflects that in being more closed, and thus a different shape.

LeiaOrgana2187

Well, my point of asking here, is that, how can I tweak a regular armhole into one like that? any measurement modifications?

TTailor

I would say that you must try the draft of the uniform yourself, then compare it to the Rundschau.
At that point you will be in a better position to discuss your observations and pose more questions.

What is your overall drafting experience with jackets?