Klassische Verarbeitung einer Damenjacke - Womens Jacket Construction

Started by Schneiderfrei, March 29, 2017, 05:00:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schneiderfrei

Here is a link to a guide to construction - in German- of a Ladies Jacket.

This file was once shared by Schneidergott in relation to the ABC des Schneiderhandwerk series.

I do not know any more than that about its provenance. Perhaps someone else can say.

Goodness Very Sorry I already posted this link before.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gqzqapzspk0jyug/Klassische%20Verarbeitung%20einer%20Damenjacke.pdf?dl=0

LG

Graham
Schneider sind auch Leute

posaune

I think it is an excerpt from "Der Zuschnitt für die Herrenschneiderei" . Edition# ??
In the past the tailors (gents) did coats and overcoats for ladies and this coat is worked exactly like a men's coat. The style was called (if with a skirt) Schneiderkostüm.
Ladies tailors did mostly dresses and blouses then. Maybe because of the heavy iron??
I think after the war they took away the tailoring for ladies from the "Herrenfach". So this may be early 50er.
I have "Die Verarbeitung der Kostümjacke" which was printed (I think) in the sixties and clearly done in the way a tailor for ladies works.
lg
posaune

Schneiderfrei

Thank you for that posaune.  It is great to know the background to this work. The work shown in this book looks very much like a man's jacket construction.
Schneider sind auch Leute

pfaff260