Author Topic: Shoulder Measure Systems - The Coatmaker's Forum  (Read 495 times)

Hendrick

• Human Being
Re: Shoulder Measure Systems - The Coatmaker's Forum
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2020, 01:35:12 AM »
Agreed with TTailor about the "scope" of older german books and magazines on the matter of excess sizes. The older Rundschau magazines are amazing on that, they were a near "standard" for many professionals. Just to illustrate, look at how chancellor Kohl and Franz Josef Strauss dressed... Schneiderfrei, I think with the increase in size, balance becomes more difficult... My dad used to say that "if you can cut a double breasted coat for that guy, you can cut it for anyone"...

Schneiderfrei

• Research
  • Resembles Human Being
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2020, 09:20:55 AM »
Certainly Franz Josef cuts a splendid figure for his size.

Here is the Rundschau imagining of the corpulent cut from 2000.

posaune

• Venerable Member
  • Human Being
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2020, 07:50:48 PM »
OT
Hi Hendrick, how very true. I have never thought about doing a double breasted for a corpulent man - but it would give you something to think over! Horror.
lg
posaune

Schneiderfrei

• Research
  • Resembles Human Being
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2020, 12:59:19 AM »
I feel that a doubebreasted for thosegentlement is more like armor than clothing.

Hendrick

• Human Being
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2020, 02:45:14 AM »

Posaune, on a more historical note; Winston Churchill, never a slouch for that matter. is great for inspiration on that...

mysewingpleasure

• Human Being
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2020, 01:01:15 PM »
I am grateful for your responses. I especially thank Shneiderfrei for giving me the webpage links. The customer has tried the suit onyesterday. It is far too big. I have to adjust all over. It is a huge challegne for me. I have no choice but to try my best. I am an ant on the hot pan.

TTailor, thank you for your sympathy, I remembered you made a custome for a figure whose measurement is similar like this. You posted some pictures, that looked so perfect and so admirable.
A sewing mom