Aston Martin

Started by Thom Bennett, January 03, 2024, 03:18:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thom Bennett

Thought I would post this as I was chuffed to be invited to display my work at the Bristol Aston Martin dealership.

"Tailored with Love and Passion"

Social Media search for Thom Bennett Tailoring

thetailor.thom-bennett.co.uk

Thom Bennett Bespoke Ltd "Reassuringly Expensive"

Gerry

Red and Black, the blazer of an anarchist (I like it!). ;D

Thom Bennett

It's some cloth knocking about. Very Mod. Didn't think about the Anarchist angle, Gerry. 8) Here are some more images of it. The collar is suede pig skin for that added Mod feel. The buttons are gilt from Holland and Sherry.

Gerry

Love those cuffs! Very nice detail.

I was a mod in the post-Quadrophenia revival. Our circle took it all very seriously and we used to get 'hipster' trousers tailor-made. Usually in unusual checks/colours, to prove that they were bespoke. We thought we were very cool, but in retrospect probably looked like circus clowns whose trousers had shrunk in the wash and were a little on the tight side.

The follies of 'yoof'!

Thom Bennett

I was also a "Quadrophenia" Mod. The main reason I did a tailoring apprenticeship was so I could make my clothes, which I did. I hated all that stay-press rubbish.

Gerry

It's a shame there aren't like buttons on this forum. Just take it as read that I liked all your other posts Thom.  :)

stoo23

QuoteIt's a shame there aren't like buttons on this forum
Well, in fact there Are and could be,.. I simply haven't turned that Function On  ;)  :)
I may be wrong but I don't think it was a function in the older Forum software version and was probably added in this 2.1 version series.

:)

Also, whilst Not in Any way a 'Mod', was transferring a bunch of my CD's to my computer and one was "Quadrophenia"
Was great to listen to it again  :)  8)

Gerry

Quote from: stoo23 on January 04, 2024, 12:10:38 AM
QuoteIt's a shame there aren't like buttons on this forum

Well, in fact there Are and could be,.. I simply haven't turned that Function On  ;)  :)
I may be wrong but I don't think it was a function in the older Forum software version and was probably added in this 2.1 version series.

:)

Also, whilst Not in Any way a 'Mod', was transferring a bunch of my CD's to my computer and one was "Quadrophenia"
Was great to listen to it again  :)  8)

Personally, I'd like to see them enabled Stoo. There are plenty of posts that I enjoy, but don't feel qualified to, or the need to, comment on.  :)

I saw the Who on their 'farewell' (yeah, right) tour in the early 80s. Cracking band in their day.

stoo23

QuotePersonally, I'd like to see them enabled Stoo
OK, well, there you go,.... "Like" Away  ;)  :)

QuoteCracking band
;) Eh Grommit !!??  8)

Entwistle was truly amazing !!!

Steelmillal

Quote from: stoo23 on January 04, 2024, 09:05:27 AMEntwistle was truly amazing !!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4xjr9v5ehk
need'a fool dancing meme face thingy  ;D
Humble suggestions to pick from

Thom Bennett

I love the "Like" function. Yeah, I remember Hutch saying that the function didn't exist in the original version.