Question issue fitting

Started by Fran82, April 22, 2022, 09:00:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fran82

Hi everyone, I want to ask you in this jacket how can I solve this problem in picture? I think that maybe there Is more fabric in chest so I have to reduce chest. Is It right? What do you think about that? Thank you in Advance   ;D

Schneiderfrei

The back is too wide.

But you need front and side views for us to get a proper look.

G
Schneider sind auch Leute

SO_tailor

The alterations you'd need to do are unclear, like Graham has mentioned, could you give us a couple more photos to better illustrate the issue?
—Solomon/Sol

SO_tailor

—Solomon/Sol

Schneiderfrei

Those are great books.

Be aware that there are a great number of articles and resources in this forum already regarding fitting.  You just need to search and browse.

peterle

And a pic without those yellow circles would also be good. They hide the ends of the folds and the shoulder blades.

Hendrick

I think the coat is way too big. So it's not a "local" problem... Curious to see the front and sides.

Fran82

Thank you to every one!
I attach other image as you can see better.

Another thing in the crotch pants on the left side there that fold, what do you think about that?
Thank you!

SO_tailor

From what I'm seeing it seems the waist is suppressed a little to much in the front, it's showing a bit of the shirt. Unless this is the style the client wats, or he will be wearing a waistcoat, it's best to cover the shirt. It also seems like there is a bit of a bulge in the front. I'd like to see what the others think about it.

Quote from: Fran82 on April 27, 2022, 01:58:55 AM
—Solomon/Sol

Schneiderfrei

Fran 82, am I right in thinking these are the only two images available?

Next time, do take the time to shoot a proper front view, a direct side view and the back as you have shown.

The folds on the back show that it's tight across the top of the shoulders, but very loose at the level of the chest line.

The folds at the front all lead to the button, so there is insufficient width in the front waist.  This could be due to the waist suppression, but there seems to be too much other stuff going wrong at the back to blame just waist suppression.

I also agree that the little flash of shirt under the button is questionable.

The jacket doesnt seem to coincide with this gentleman's shape enough to be salvagable.

peterle

For my eyes there s a balance problem (a side view pic would be helpfull). The coat doesn´t have enough length over the shoulder blades, thus lifting the back away from the body at waist level. The back hem seems to swing  away also. The front on the other hand clings to the body. I would increase the back balance. Wether there is also to much width in the chest must be conisdered thereafter.

The pants look a bit messy in front and back, but the pics don´t allow a diagnosis.
There is a post somewhere in the forum how the pics should look like to get the best fitting help.

Schneiderfrei

Thanks peterle,

without the side views I am not so confident of the balance issue.

But what you say makes good sense.

SO_tailor

I just noticed that there seems to be a little bit of pleats and creases towards the left Scye on the back. Graham also has a good pint on the waist suppression. On the front It also seems like the button is misplaced which may be causing that bulge. (It's seems like the hem is slightly shorter then the other). It may also be that the shoulders need to be petted out. Thoughts,
—Solomon/Sol

SO_tailor

Quote from: peterle on April 27, 2022, 07:24:45 PM
For my eyes there s a balance problem (a side view pic would be helpfull). The coat doesn´t have enough length over the shoulder blades, thus lifting the back away from the body at waist level. The back hem seems to swing  away also. The front on the other hand clings to the body. I would increase the back balance. Wether there is also to much width in the chest must be conisdered thereafter.

The pants look a bit messy in front and back, but the pics don´t allow a diagnosis.
There is a post somewhere in the forum how the pics should look like to get the best fitting help.

Like what I noticed above there also seems that the front hems are not equal length, it could be the angle but by where the fly is as a reference, it seems that perhaps the button has been misplaced. Although It could also (and more likely) be the shoulder.
—Solomon/Sol