Found a 201

Started by Victoria Quinn, July 12, 2021, 04:03:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Victoria Quinn

Quote from: spookietoo on September 24, 2021, 05:01:08 PM

For a small city in TN, we were actually in front of a lot of trends.

Speaking of Tennessee, any recommendations on fabric stores here in Tennessee?  There isn't anything out here in Clarksville.  I'm getting quite annoyed trying to find a place to peruse the fineries.
Babydoll... You need some Rock 'n Roll.

spookietoo

I'm in Knoxville and we have nothing. Just Joanns - so nothing. There is Short Sheets in Crossville for home dec and they also have a smaller location in Farragut which is in West Knoxville. I occasionally find trouser fabrics, linens and silks that work for garments. The Crossville location is an old WPA schoolhouse out in the country, when he first opened he would have women in Memphis that rented a bus to bring them up. Also in West Knoxville/Farragut is Gina's Bernina. Mostly a quilting store now, she also stocks fabrics for childrens heirloom sewing, so many of those fabrics work nicely for shirts. Unless you're looking for home dec, nothing is worth a special trip, but if you're heading to the Smokies, all of them are very easy to access from I-40, definitely worth stopping in.

I thought Nashville still had two Indy shops. Have those closed or switched to quilting? Other than those, Fine Fabrics and Gail K's in Atlanta are all I know of. Banisch's in Cincinnati got out of the fabric business several years back and I think went to online tools and things only - though I haven't checked them in quite some time.

With all of the new interest in sewing, I think a garment fabric store here in Knoxville could be quite lucrative. Due to being located at the junction of I-40 and I-75, Westown Mall had the highest sales per square foot of any mall in the Southeastern U.S. for years during mall shopping days. We outsold all malls in both Atlanta and Miami. We have around 3 million people within a 90 minute drive time, plus millions of tourists due to the interstates.

I've written all of this just in case someone reading this is looking to invest. ;)

Hendrick

spookietoo

Sorry guys, a year and a half with only 2 people in their 80's incapable of intelligent conversation - I readily admit I'm losing it......

Hendrick

I visited this place in Holland last week, pretty impressive...

Beware they are wholesalers, so minimum is twelve or so metre per article,  www.knipidee.nl

Elaina

There is Textile Fabrics in Nashville.