Where is this from

Started by Schneiderfrei, April 04, 2021, 11:32:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schneiderfrei

Here is a brilliant decription of the taking of balance measurements.

It's in German.

The page is a fragment.

Can anyone say which book it comes from?

Does anyone have more pages from the same book.  The preceding pages, and those following, will be very useful.

G

Schneider sind auch Leute

TTailor

I am sorry, I don't know.
Those trousers need help though.

Hendrick

It looks like Erich Donner's "Handbuch fuer die Herrenbekleidungsindustrie und Einzelhandel" or another of his books, Springer Verlag. I have some of these, but I would have to dig deep.

Terry; also, no need for those extra long shirttails here...

peterle

It´s from " Der Zuschnitt für die Herrenschneiderei" Ed. XVII.  by Mueller, Munich=  Rundschau.The article is called "Nach Koerper- und Kotrollmassen" (By body- and control measurements) and covers the measuring of this individual person, how to draft and prepare the coat pattern, the cut, the preperation of the inlay and the finished suit.

Schneiderfrei

Thankyou peterle and Hendrick.  I suspect peterle is correct, but I never would have looked at Donner's book without your input Hendrick.

The pants are indeed, really terrible. :D

G

peterle

Here is the rest of the article:

peterle

peterle

The figure analysis in the article: upright posture, moderate belly figure, flat back, hanging side, protruding right hip and butt, in need of vastly increased front length.

The text for the finished trousers says, the visible length in the back must be tolerated for corpulent figures like this, because the client won´t only stand wearing the suit, but also wants to sit down comfortably.

posaune

Oh what a wonderful article. Thank you, Peterle.  This is so well done and explained and documented.
It is a pity that the sleeve is missing.
lg
posaune

Schneiderfrei

That is Very kind of you peterle, I didn't even have to ask you.

It is a really good article.

I am already starting a translation.

G

Hendrick

Thank you, Peterle, fantastic article!

Schneiderfrei

You can now see a translation of the measurement part of this post, which includes the complete description of measurement of Balance.

http://movsd.com/BespokeCutter/index.php?topic=1040.msg8167#msg8167