Shoulder Measure Systems - The Coatmaker's Forum

Started by mysewingpleasure, September 09, 2020, 10:08:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hendrick

Agreed with TTailor about the "scope" of older german books and magazines on the matter of excess sizes. The older Rundschau magazines are amazing on that, they were a near "standard" for many professionals. Just to illustrate, look at how chancellor Kohl and Franz Josef Strauss dressed... Schneiderfrei, I think with the increase in size, balance becomes more difficult... My dad used to say that "if you can cut a double breasted coat for that guy, you can cut it for anyone"...

Schneiderfrei

Certainly Franz Josef cuts a splendid figure for his size.

Here is the Rundschau imagining of the corpulent cut from 2000.

Schneider sind auch Leute

posaune

OT
Hi Hendrick, how very true. I have never thought about doing a double breasted for a corpulent man - but it would give you something to think over! Horror.
lg
posaune

Schneiderfrei

I feel that a doubebreasted for thosegentlement is more like armor than clothing.
Schneider sind auch Leute

Hendrick

Posaune, on a more historical note; Winston Churchill, never a slouch for that matter. is great for inspiration on that...

mysewingpleasure

I am grateful for your responses. I especially thank Shneiderfrei for giving me the webpage links. The customer has tried the suit onyesterday. It is far too big. I have to adjust all over. It is a huge challegne for me. I have no choice but to try my best. I am an ant on the hot pan.

TTailor, thank you for your sympathy, I remembered you made a custome for a figure whose measurement is similar like this. You posted some pictures, that looked so perfect and so admirable.
A sewing mom