Videos on Tailoring - Suggestions

Started by Tikiguayo, May 22, 2020, 09:48:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tikiguayo

Hello All!
Aside from Rory Duffy's video series on YouTube, is there any other pro level video series out there?

Despos

Tailor Manabe videos on YouTube.  Some of his work is overdone, tedious and complicated but I learned a few new things. Videos of every step from cutting, construction and pressing a jacket. Just video, no verbal instruction.

Thom Bennett

Depends what you're after and why you want to watch them. Of course there are the videos recommenced by Despos also there are the 'Tailors Tips' from Vitale Barberis Canonico, there is the 'English Cut' from Tom Mahon, he also has a great lecture on YouTube he did for Liverpool John Moores University. As I say it all depends on what you're after, do a search on YouTube and you'll find most of the information you want albeit a bit disjointed. Of coarse Rory's series is one of the best. And of course Rory runs online courses covering all aspects of tailoring.
"Tailored with Love and Passion"

Social Media search for Thom Bennett Tailoring

thetailor.thom-bennett.co.uk

Thom Bennett Bespoke Ltd "Reassuringly Expensive"

TTailor

Does anyone remember some videos by a German tailor, i dont think there was any talking, and he was drafting and making a waistcoat in one video, and in another a pair of trousers.

Thom Bennett

Great Jeffery, been trying to remember that one. Thanks.

Tailleuse

spookietoo

Ah, the German videos look interesting - Covid has me spending waaaaay too much time on youtube!

I also found "The Yorkshire Tailor"  on Youtube great. (Is he a member here?) I particularly liked how well one could follow his manipulation of the fabric when padstitching the undercollar.

Tikiguayo

Just watch a couple of clips. Very talented.
Thanks!

Quote from: Despos on May 27, 2020, 03:55:03 PM
Tailor Manabe videos on YouTube.  Some of his work is overdone, tedious and complicated but I learned a few new things. Videos of every step from cutting, construction and pressing a jacket. Just video, no verbal instruction.

spookietoo

Just found several videos from Lee Marsh.

He goes into much detail re: canvassing the front when working with light weight fabrics amongst other things. As much as I like to learn things, watching someone tailor can be a bit dry. Lee has a delightful accent that keeps my mind from wandering....yeh? ;)

Thom Bennett

posaune

Have you seen those by atelier saison?
this is a serial about sewing a jacket from cut to finish. You even can get the pattern
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cvwv4Wzr-w
they are not into hand sewing  - But I like their precise way of sewing.
lg
posaune

Thom Bennett

That's cool. I have watched some of their output.

Schneiderfrei

She has a very steady hand with the machine.
Schneider sind auch Leute