rundschau goes online

Started by posaune, November 26, 2018, 09:16:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peterle

The old Rundschau  monthly magazines dealt with fitting topics sporadically (men and women)and when they introduced their pattern templates in the sixties there was a series about how to adapt these patterns to an individual person with quite enlightening moments. But there is no systematical approach by Mueller und Sohn on how to fit.
When you live in Vienna you can go to the Nationalbibliothek in the Hofburg. They have all the issues of the "Alllgemeine Schneiderzeitung" and " SchneiderRundschau".

posaune

I think, there is not much written about fitting a men's shirt. The last I saw was from Reuben (?) from the Netherland. Nice to see. And there is a book from the Netherlands , called " Maatwerk passvorm correctie". Best book I ever saw. But not printed anymore. Does man and woman.

And because a shirt is a garment with a bit of ease it is not so complicated.  In ladies tailroing you'll find more information - they are more difficult to fit. In my opinion you could use the most alterations to both genders. No such big difference.
But as nowadays the boys want their shirts tight, thighter and thightest - you will have a bigger fitting process.  And you must now look how you can put darts in - which are not to be seen. That is was even what a big busted woman wants:a figure hugging garment without darts or panel seams. ächz
lg
posaune

peterle

Der Zuschneider

Quote from: Petruchio on February 19, 2020, 02:43:32 AM
I don't know if this is the right thread to ask such a question, but I'm contemplating to buy the Müller & Sohn Hemden Schnitttechnik book and would be interested if it is "worth" it since I already have the basic shirt draft. To be honest, I would like to have a comprehensive book on pattern alterations for shirtmaking, but I am not sure the Müller book includes any information on that topic. Does somebody have it and can give some insight? I browsed through the table of content already but still am not sure how detailed it is.

Buy it, if it is in English language. It will give you ideas and content to continue to grow on your own. Nothing is perfect but the Mueller System is pretty close to calculate a good pattern, plus, it will be easy to adapt the system with improvements, as it is so logical developed.
Tailoring is the love of doing art at OCD level.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/196434445@N05/albums