Irish mini-documentary Hands - episode 8 - Tailor

Started by Theoretically Grey, February 24, 2020, 05:05:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Theoretically Grey

Have you seen "Hands, episode 8 - Tailor" https://youtu.be/TDwZbDPevGw? It's part of Irish documentaries on craftsmanship in Ireland - this particular one from late 70's documents small town family tailoring firm.

It doesn't go to any details (sadly, as some other parts of the series are more "in depth"), although I think it's a charming short video.

I never before seen pressing on knee board elsewhere than in photos... But that could be just me.

Schneiderfrei

Its clear tailoring cannot be conducted without a pipe.

Thank you Theoretically Grey, it is charming.
Schneider sind auch Leute

Greger

Its been a long time since I've seen that. Fell asleep watching part of it. Think I watched all the parts slept through. Its nice seeing it again. Tried to find it some years ago. Glad it was posted here.

Henry Hall

I posted it somewhere else on here about a year ago.
'Being perfectly well-dressed gives one a tranquillity that no religion can bestow.' - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Steelmillal

Henry Hall

Yes it's good one that. Other good ones are the silversmith and the one where they make marquetry furniture. There's also one about a shoemaker. I think the complete series is on Daily Motion.
'Being perfectly well-dressed gives one a tranquillity that no religion can bestow.' - Ralph Waldo Emerson.