Mary Brooks Picken

Started by Steelmillal, February 16, 2020, 01:28:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steelmillal

This link is for Mary Brooks Picken. I especially like the tailored placket section for skirts in the tailored buttonholes selection.

https://www.google.com/search?tbo=p&tbm=bks&q=mary+brooks+picken&tbs=,bkv:f&num=10

Best rgds, AL

Schneiderfrei

Sorry Steelmillal, I don't get a good result from that link. Just a list of referrences.

G
Schneider sind auch Leute

theresa in tucson

Schneiderfrei, you have to click through the reference links to get to the buttonholes referenced.  Very thorough coverage of the subject.

Steelmillal

Apologies for posting just the stand alone link, Schneiderfrei. There are multiple books by her that can be viewed and downloaded. I didn't want to clutter the forum servers with gobs of data when archive and google have farms of towers for data storage.

posaune

Hi Steelmillal
It is so that we in Europe have no access to this books when there is a copy right or else. I see not what you see when I open your link.
First is a hearing in congress. Maybe australia has the same laws.
lg
posaune

Theoretically Grey

I have same issue - I'm in Europe... Yet archive.org https://archive.org/search.php?query=mary%20brooks%20picken has some books by that author available to us, old world beings.

I wonder, Steelmillal, are there some particular books of hers you would recommend? The one "about buttonholes" is there...

Anyway - thank you for mentioning her name!

Steelmillal

Hi ya kids, sorry for my error. The copyrights for these I've seen exceed 100 years. I've pdf copies on file. Can anyone tutor me on posting files here?

When i get back to my desk, I'll search archive for what T-Grey saw and confirm the files are copies. If archine works for EU access, I can also launch an account and post the open copyright stuff on their server.

Thanks for letting me know and for your patience.

Schneiderfrei

Steelmillal

Thanks to Schneiderfrei and Theoretically Grey for saving the day. Posaune, could you send me what you see when you try to follow the links, please? I need to make sure the FBI doesn't barge in as I share super secret heritage tailor secrets..  :D

Can anyone else worldwide chime in on difficulty accessing google books links? So far Oz and EU are tops on the list.

As for suggestions,Theoretically Grey, I've only seen four of her books in PDF and the tailored button holes was most interesting. The next that caught my eye was Textiles and Sewing Materials for the lace section. The bulk of the book is a general overview, however. It isn't on Archive, yet, but I'll see what I can do. I've been working of creating PDF of all I've on file to share.

Best rgds, AL

posaune

Schneiderfrei

That's the same as what I got in Australia.

Steelmillal

Thanks you two for the feedback. I couldn't duplicate the result. At least it isn't a total geographical block. I'll look into Dropbox or archive or another file hosting service to place these and others on file. The PDF files are too large to email.