What's wrong with cutter and tailor?

Started by pfaff260, October 28, 2019, 05:17:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pfaff260

What's wrong with cutter and tailor? It's full of spam. And a few minutes ago my computer broke down because of some network that wanted to enter my computer!!
It's begininning to become a dangerous place.

Schneiderfrei

Without Sators interest it can't go much further. And the Photobucket bastardry is just making it worse. Oh, and it isn't secure.

Well thats what this site was supposed to guard against.

Poor Schneidergott, he is left to remove the spam and the spamming members. but he is in his 90's.

I would welcome Sator's interest or even take it over from him, but he seems to have disappeared.

G
Schneider sind auch Leute

hutch--

Spam is an endless disease, if a forum even looks like its not being run properly it will get flooded with trash. I have to keep an eye on my programming forum on a regular basis so it easy to ensure this one does not attract garbage either.

pfaff260,

Just make sure the firewall in your computer's OS is working properly and don't click on anything that even vaguely looks suspicious.

The magnificent tools of the professional tailor
https://movsd.com/tailors_shears/  ;) ;D

mysewingpleasure

It is a sad news! All the treasure of information and the photo illustrations are damaged, especially those that :(you guys put so much effort to translate them. :(
A sewing mom

Schneiderfrei

I think almost everything I have posted has been copied to this forum Mysewingpleasure, and I have largely repaired or replaced the ones on the other. I am not the only one to have made contributions, however, I do wish Sator would return and do some care.

Hutch, is there any way to make this a secure site?

G

posaune

I do not think that Schneidergott is in the 90's, Schneiderfrei. I would think he is between 30 - 45. :-) He moved to Scotland for a new working place maybe 3 years ago.
Posaune

Schneiderfrei

Goodness, I didn't think of that posaune.   He seems to have such an intimate knowledge of the older terms.

hutch--

G,

> Hutch, is there any way to make this a secure site?

This site is secured and I keep an eye on it multiple times daily. As far as C&T, only the webmaster can fix its problems.

pfaff260

Thanks Hutch for giving us this safe place.

mysewingpleasure

Dear Schneiderfrei, and everyone in this subject, I know that you guys are on guard of CNT. You guys are doing an amazing contribution to the ones who are pursuing tailor sewing, which "the model teaching in the sewing schools" can only do less than half of the work.  There are tons of books and videos out there, however, I still feel missing something - the essence of the hand-sewing-love. I do not know how exactly express because English is not my mother language. I love the way I learned the workmanship and hand-sewing that require a lot of love, patience. Sewing is an art, not a commercial product only for making money. I do believe that you guys who keep these sites running are doing it out of your love of sewing and the passion of keeping this "art" alive and keep the traditional tailoring fresh to the ones come after you in next, next generations.

It is sad to see the sites are running unusually slow and quiet, I have been coming back all the time, even I am very busy with my son's sewing projects. I have the deep affection and connection with these two sites, I have just successfully signed up as a member over CNT a few months ago. Right after the sign-up, I found all the photos are blurry and could not be read. and now, it is sad to see that it is not secure any more for us to browse over there. I am a bit scared to pop over there when you posted this message here.
A sewing mom

Schneiderfrei

Hendrick

Hi all,

I had some nasty mails as well lately, even involving my login... The best solution is to keep your browser, your operating system and your anti-virus up to date...  Best remedy of all; get some free e-mail acount (like g-mail or so) that you only ever use specifically for this forum. Never use the same password for anything else than this forum! Never ever (!) click on or open any other mails than the ones from other users of the forum and clearly under their names. Any "special offers", threats and the like, toss them without ever opening them, especially the attachments...

Cheers, Hendrick

hutch--

This is basically good advice, with email, only ever open stuff that you know where and who it comes from and even then be careful. If it is someone you know who sends data as a ZIP file, you are reasonably safe as long as you know them but never ever open something that you do not know where it comes from and DON'T click on links inside unknown emails. You need to set up your email client to NOT RUN anything automatically.

I personally use a Google clone called "Slimjet" which turns off the Google data mining and for email I use an up to date version of Thunderbird that automatically does not run attachments and as usual if you don't understand or know what something is, DON'T RUN IT !!!!

Petruchio

I know that this question gets old, but does anybody know whats going on with the CaT Forum? Is it gone for good now?

Schneiderfrei

Petruchio, Who knows. We are all sad to see it disappear.  It has comeback on before, but with the huge assault of spam, I would not be surprised if Schneidergott spat the dummy. I wish Sator had come back and fixed it up. But that did not happen.

So, here we are in this site. It's not as flashy as the old one but it holds a lot of knowledge, and I for one have saved a considerable amount from the old forum and will try to repost anything that people want to see, if I have it.

G