An advertisement : Elna grasshopper 1950 sewing machine with case

Started by mysewingpleasure, July 14, 2019, 10:06:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mysewingpleasure

Futura, I absolutely am with you, in North America and Canada, the prices are over-priced. In spite of I may find something good and more reasonable in US than in BC, I have exchange rate and bank charge, it ends up not much difference in buying in BC, plus the long trip and long wait at the border, all these are the factor that draw me back from searching in US
A sewing mom

Schneiderfrei

See if you can get into this facebook group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/137241563337471/

Holly, the admin seens very friendly. She is someone I think you could message.

There is also:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/vsmparts/

Although I have never had a response to my request.
Schneider sind auch Leute

mysewingpleasure

Schneiderfrei,
I have joined one of them, there are a lot posts everyday. I don't know most of their locations, how far in US to Washington, I dare not to think about the shipping cost. I am at the very early stage of production, as my son is getting customer orders, we are planning to get started, if we can find something around the town that we are able to take a look and make decision right up front.
A sewing mom

Schneiderfrei

mysewingpleasure

I have a question, how do I get the smille face like you just did, Schneiderfrei?

I remember I asked this questions a few times, but not any answer yet! sign!

Don't you answer a computer related question because it is nothing to do with sewing?

I am kidding, but serious!  I wish I can pick the second face up to here. O

Thank you, I am excited and expecting to hit a hot industrial machine that make my sewing life more cheerful and enjoyable.
A sewing mom

Schneiderfrei

I am so sorry mysewingpleasure, I have been distracted lately and must have missed your question. I am happy to answer any questions that I know the answer, and many that I don't, :P

The symbol is called an "emoticon"

Smiley face is - colon : + end bracket ) typed together with no space.

: + ) = :)

: + P = :P

: + D = :D

; + ) = ;)

: + ( = :(

Or you can find them in the editor that comes with this forum, just click on the "modify" link in the top right hand corner.  You have fully edit the post - it's fun! :D

G

mysewingpleasure

Schneiderfrei,
I am trying   
                  :)
                  :P
                  :D
                  ;)
                  :(
I make it, but how does it work? It seems like some magic, I type as you demonstrate, when I click Save button, the faces appear!
A sewing mom

Schneiderfrei

posaune

Oh mysp that is way down in the DOS area. You are to young to remember that.
lg
posaune

mysewingpleasure

I am not that young, 26 years ago, I landed in Canada, that was the time I had my first computer, I learned how to type Chinese with English keyboard, and DOS was an alien, I only know that with that I can save my documents. I am going to retire next year, and be a full time sewing mom! It is absolutely my (sewing)pleasure.
A sewing mom

Schneiderfrei