Why is it so hard to find....

Started by Seamster, March 06, 2019, 12:30:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dunc

Quote from: Henry Hall on March 18, 2019, 06:07:53 AMI've still never tried a rotary cutter. I don't want to purchase some enormous cutting mat  just for that, though I suppose a sheet of board would do as well.

I use a small rotary cutter on an A3 board for fiddly little bits - shirt collars, cuffs, sleeve plackets, and the like - and I have to say I wish I'd tried it sooner, and I wouldn't want to be without it now. And like spookietoo says, they're great for cutting bias strips. Haven't tried it on slippery stuff though...

Henry Hall

Maybe it's worth a try for small pieces.
'Being perfectly well-dressed gives one a tranquillity that no religion can bestow.' - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

spookietoo

Hendrick - your Dad's idea for misting light fabrics is something I'll keep in my nd. Excellent idea.

My only cutting mat for my rotary was part of a small kit. Its approx 6" x 18" and the whole kit on sale was around $15. A large mat would be nice for linings, but I've yet to go there. The kit also came with a thick, clear plastic, graded ruler which is used to hold the fabric in place with one hand while cutting with the other. Regular pins and weights are rather pointless with a rotary.

Saber

Go check on pinnotti, they still selling nice 14" tailor shears