good advertising

Started by posaune, August 03, 2017, 02:09:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

posaune

Today I saw this pic. The lady at the left runs besides other things with fashion a sewing school also for men. This pic is from her facebook account.
something to add?
lg
posaune

Schneiderfrei

If I could create such a jacket??  Hmmmm
Schneider sind auch Leute

spookietoo

Apparently Tim Gunn didn't think to adjust his jacket prior to the photo. :o

MimiG started out as a home sewist blogger and as home sewing "experts" go - her work is quite good. She's had a few patterns with Simplicity for a few years now, I've had the jacket pattern for a bit but haven't done anything with it yet. Perhaps I should?

The price is certainly excellent for her online video series and would probably be well worth the money. She also focuses with "on trend" sewing so that it should capture the attention of younger sewists.

This might be a good inexpensive way for new sewists to learn some of the basics at a very reasonable price.

posaune

I did not know the man.  Given the name, spookietoo, I looked now for more pics. Hell, he is a fashion "Papst".
lg
posaune

spookietoo

YEP!   She scored BIG with that photo op and whatever caused it!

There are a number of "fashion celebs" I don't much care about, but the few times I've seen him in action - there seems to be a large amount of common sense combined with really good knowledge. Sort of like Simon Cowell - with an actual sense  of social grace.

Hendrick

Personally, I prefer "dressmakers' stuff" more. Gretchen Hirsch at "good housekeeping" channel is fun to watch. It reminds me of the fizzle that home sewing had in my very young years, save maybe the blue hair and tattoos. I think that home sewing was a fantastic way for women to live out their aspirations. Not to mention that I love the petticoat period in dressmaking...

Cheers, Hendrick