What happened to Patrick Grant's clothes?

Started by Henry Hall, March 06, 2019, 09:10:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henry Hall

I just watched the Sewing Bee on the BBC, episode 4. Something was puzzling me about Patrick Grant. When the series first began he was impeccably dressed; as you'd expect from the head of a Savile Row house. Since this series started I've thought he looked a bit ordinary.
His jackets look odd and boxy, with a curiously 1980s-like low gorge and - weirdly - a low armhole. :-\ His trousers look shapeless and his shirt collar was strangely soft.

Now I like Patrick Grant. He's a decent fellow who believes in bringing good clothes to as many people as possible. He has personally saved the UK workshop his E. Tautz label were using to make their garments. In an interview he stated that its success proved clothing can be made in Britain which also competes with the price of sweatshop imports and is far better quality. He's concentrating on evangelising about reducing the disposable mentality.

Good chap. Those new clothes he is wearing though....
'Being perfectly well-dressed gives one a tranquillity that no religion can bestow.' - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Dunc

I haven't been watching, but I suspect that he may be using the opportunity to show his "Community Clothing" line...

It's also possible the producers have asked him to tone it down to give it more of an "everyman" appeal - it's the sort of stupid thing TV producers do.