Russian tailoring and garment making books online

Started by Theoretically Grey, February 21, 2019, 07:56:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Theoretically Grey

Russian blog Лебединая песня реконструктора ("Swan song of historical garment maker" is a crude translation) today posted several scanned books in Russian and one in German. I'm not sure how many of members of this forum speaks Russian (and how many of those are not aware of mentioned blog), but I thing that those books look rather interesting - illustrations might be useful even for those who can't read Russian.
Not all of those books are strictly for tailors, some are more focused on dress making and general sewing - all of them belongs to the end of the 19th, beginning of the 20th century.

Personally I find illustration on proper technique of using a thimble in the last one quite amusing. May be because I struggled with it for a long time...

posaune

These books are nice. I like the russian drafting very much. It is in my eyes more engineered than the german. And this is the difficulty I have to read much text to understand. Which is problematic not speaking more then 2 words russian.
But there is a english text book about sewing too, which I can read. Thank you for that side.
lg
posaune
and the page is a treasure for those who are interested in costume sewing. Impressive!

TTailor

Greger

An old photo- 1906 Portrait of N.G. Kuzmin (photo by E. Semenenko, St Petersburg) (Rybinsk Museum-Preserve). Notice the crease in the trousers.

https://history-of-fashion.tumblr.com/post/677365816630657024/1906-portrait-of-ng-kuzmin-photo-by-e