Darts and Inlays

Started by Adriel, February 15, 2019, 08:01:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adriel

Am under the impression darts and some degree inlays are advanced, especially as the Drafting and Fitting section was unable to help.

First, how does one know how long to make the seat dart?

Second, when told to split the center front 1cm each side, was not given a clear length. How does one know how long to make this split?

Third, once the split is done, how does one know how much to take up at the darts?

Thank y'all in advance for any help!  :)

Here is what was told the final fit, can post the previous two iterations of darts if needed.

TTailor

You have received pages of good advice from two experienced people in your other thread.
Starting a new thread is not the solution.
Autism is not an excuse to behave rudely to people who have given their time and expertise.

Adriel

Quote from: TTailor on February 15, 2019, 10:57:55 PM
You have received pages of good advice from two experienced people in your other thread.
Starting a new thread is not the solution.
Autism is not an excuse to behave rudely to people who have given their time and expertise.

Thank you so very much for the help, appreciated!  :)

I am not aware of ever being rude, feel slighted by this, though doesn't help make progress.  :)

On that, for some reason did not get notice of a reply on this thread. In addition, an answer on darts was not provided and have for some reason not gotten a response to that thread. When the thread dies, the understanding is to start a new thread, correct?

So then how does one get their questions answered here? I am serious, want to understand what I am doing wrong or if because there is only about half dozen of us members keeping tailoring alive and passed along to those who want to continue it on into the future.

Where does one go for help with fitting? Especially since that section of the forum seems to get little to no traffic. Or because a limited amount who can help with German drafting systems?

As to the darts, the answer has not been provided here nor is it in the texts which I have read.

And for fun:
https://www.truity.com/personality-type/INTJ/relationships
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:ErLsLwb740MJ:www.sharecentric.com/blog/2012/11/26/how-to-deal-with-me-or-any-intj/+&cd=18&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Henry Hall

On the question of inlays there's no need for specific answers. The information for standard inlays is on this site. Additions you think you might need for extensive fitting are a matter of common sense.

I didn't think it would be necessary to have to mention it, because it seemed irrelevant on this site (I think I already told Schneiderfrei, though I may be mistaken), but I was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome in my late 20s. To my mind the diagnosis is uncertain and many I have met with a similar diagnosis have more difficulty functioning in the world than I have.
Personally I like quite rigid order, accuracy, routines. I also have a tendency to unusual clumsiness (like hitting the door frame, a lot!, when going through a door). Apparently I tend to misinterpret non-verbal communication, but I don't agree because I do understand jokes and other indirect forms of language and even some body language as far as I can see (which may not be the same as what others see). I also have a tendency to what is thought to be rudeness, especially online, which I can only see when it is brought to my attention.

Okay...I agree it will have some effect, but you don't seem to me to be troubled with understanding instructions. I have learned to read, read and read again and to consider more than once any answers to any questions I have asked when I don't understand. It's hard work, but worth it. Don't be defined by the diagnosis.
'Being perfectly well-dressed gives one a tranquillity that no religion can bestow.' - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Adriel

Quote from: Henry Hall on February 21, 2019, 10:12:38 PM
On the question of inlays there's no need for specific answers. The information for standard inlays is on this site. Additions you think you might need for extensive fitting are a matter of common sense.

Sorry was not clear, additional inlay to widen and/or reshape the trouser.

As to additions, they were a recomendation, I am not at a level to just know. Thus why I asked how to know since there was a seeming refusal to answer that.

Quote from: Henry Hall on February 21, 2019, 10:12:38 PMI didn't think it would be necessary to have to mention it, because it seemed irrelevant on this site (I think I already told Schneiderfrei, though I may be mistaken), but I was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome in my late 20s. To my mind the diagnosis is uncertain and many I have met with a similar diagnosis have more difficulty functioning in the world than I have.

I mentioned it in hopes of understanding I meant no harm, I am just mentally deformed and damaged. Now here find another to give inspiration, especially if society allows me a chance (per anthropology and my experience, the tribe as it is called in that field forces those who are different outside the tribe so can't breed and sometimes eliminates them from using limited resources). I will keep on keeping on, already seen progress in my new found passion of tailoring!  :)

Quote from: Henry Hall on February 21, 2019, 10:12:38 PMPersonally I like quite rigid order, accuracy, routines. I also have a tendency to unusual clumsiness (like hitting the door frame, a lot!, when going through a door). Apparently I tend to misinterpret non-verbal communication, but I don't agree because I do understand jokes and other indirect forms of language and even some body language as far as I can see (which may not be the same as what others see). I also have a tendency to what is thought to be rudeness, especially online, which I can only see when it is brought to my attention.

Ditto here. As regards to bumping into things, that is proprioception difficulty. Even neurotypicals can have that. For me, worse when wear a suit coat with structured shoulders, forget I am wider. LOL By the way, arnica creme is good for bruises if didn't know.

I can understand some humor too, though sarcasm is most difficult despite I can give it. Have learned how to mechanically evaluate so know if mal-intent, though online hard to tell who is friend or foe.

Further, thanks to a full scholarship, I see someone once a week to help with the Autism and have learned to also read some non-verbal communication.

In short, those with A.S.D. can learn over time to compensate for most of the deficiencies, especially given a chance including the other party letting us know we goofed (better be to tell us specifically what we did wrong, though that is asking a lot). For me, this means at this point need to be on welfare until 40, 50, maybe more before I have the ability to make a meaningful wage (I am already 32 and diagnosed just before 22).

Quote from: Henry Hall on February 21, 2019, 10:12:38 PMOkay...I agree it will have some effect, but you don't seem to me to be troubled with understanding instructions. I have learned to read, read and read again and to consider more than once any answers to any questions I have asked when I don't understand. It's hard work, but worth it. Don't be defined by the diagnosis.

Ha! It is lack of being able to follow instructions that I don't last more than a week at employment.  :P The tribe only gives one chance, then you are either shunned (why I don't socialize) or terminated from employment (why I live far below the poverty level). I am okay with that as nothing can be done about it. Better to enjoy what one has and life life to the fullest. And always eBay deals if you keep looking.  :P

As to defining, I say I am an eccentric who happens to be Autistic. Hard to balance so doesn't lean to Autistic person.