DP Studio, Paris, method

Started by Hendrick, January 23, 2019, 01:54:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hendrick

Hello All,
I ordered these last week. It is a method for "coupe a plat", flat pattern making for womenswear; I rather see them as "raw drafts". The method consists of three books and focusses on various constructions. Although less mathematical and "formular" as Rundschau, at first glance it looks interesting though slightly linear. with a strong emphasis on "first glance"; the three books together comprise over 1800 pages!
They have a website: dpstudio-fashion.com...
Let me know what you experts think!

TTailor

They look interesting.
Let us know if you try some of them. Give us a review!

Hendrick

Hi Terry,

Will do; I have to build a loose fit slack for a linnen denim I just sampled and waiting for... I will keep you informed.

Greets, Hendrick

Henry Hall

Hmm, so what's the exact meaning of 'Pantalon cigarette taille'? Is the cigarette waist on the trousers or the person? ;D Or are they cigarette sized?
'Being perfectly well-dressed gives one a tranquillity that no religion can bestow.' - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Hendrick

Hi,

Cigarette is a French "style description" for narrow ladies'slacks with narrow bottoms, bu supple enough to hold a fold...
But then, they also call a roped sleeve head in a jacket cigarette, "parlez-vous francais?"

Greets, Hendrick

Henry Hall

Oui, je parle Francais. Comme un écolier (très mal). 8)
'Being perfectly well-dressed gives one a tranquillity that no religion can bestow.' - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Hendrick

Noted, you may want to steer around these volumes then...

Cheers, Hendrick

posaune

Hendrick,
welcome on board.
Gratulations to your buy.
One question: How do they derrive the shoulder bust dart. Maybe you can give me an idea?
lg
posaune

Hendrick

Hi Posaune...

I will take som (better!) scans and pics and post them soonest...
Have to take a look first, there are a whopping 2400 pages; I suppose you are also interested in the  base setups. They are paperbacks (much like an old telephone directory) so near impossible to put under a scanner.
But I'll be back soon.

kindest, Hendrick

Schneiderfrei

So great to see some French literature on the subject. :) Gramountoto posted some older texts a while ago.
Schneider sind auch Leute

Hendrick

Hello,

I'having a hard time scanning; the books will not stay flat! I have a little app on my Phone, called Tiny scanner that doesn't do what I would like it to... Again, these are very big books and full of base constructions. I also scanned some images on pivoting (a French favourite pastime in any pattershop!), there is actually a whole chapter on pivoting alone. Importantly, these are base constructions, made for adapting and tinkering, not as "styled" as so many other methods that carry a distinct "time stamp"...

Cheers, sorry for the lousy images  Hendrick

peterle

Please keep in mind it is problematic to post copyrighted  up to date material. Eventually you better exchange it by personal message.

Hendrick

Thanks for that, I will keep that in mind. Luckily it is only a tiny part...

Hendrick

posaune

thank you Hendrick. Just one question more: In the base construction (page193) how do they get from A to A'?
I am interested only in systems which construct this space NOT with a certain number.
And you do not need to scan it. 
lg
posaune
the pivoting is nice

Hendrick

Hi Posaune,

I suppose you mean the shoulder dart in the back part? The shoulder back pattern in this carcass is corrected for slope according to the front measurements.  I will send you a pm on it, too difficult in words only...

cheers, Hendrick