Rundschau Trousers 1959 - English (Kelner)

Started by Schneiderfrei, January 16, 2019, 11:50:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schneiderfrei

J Kelner, a former member of the Cutter and Tailor Forum, clearly spent a lot of effort to produce this English Translation of the 1959 Rundschau Trouser Draft:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w3kfqih9vzos2oz/rundschau-system-for-trousers-1959-tabloid.pdf?dl=0

It can stand quite a lot of zoom, so you can see the details very nicely.

You should be able to download it, once you are in Dropbox, by clicking on the link at the right upper corner that has three small circles in a row.
Schneider sind auch Leute

Henry Hall

I downloaded one of these and found a few errors in it when I used the draft. I think he made some corrections and put it out again. I'll compare it with the one I printed out. If the errors are gone I'll have another try with it.
'Being perfectly well-dressed gives one a tranquillity that no religion can bestow.' - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Schneiderfrei

Greger

When redoing written stuff it is easy to make errors, and when looking for errors, miss them. The OCA programs save a *tremendous amount of time*, but none of them are with out some errors. Finding the errors, it is so easy to miss some. It is like the mind wants to go numb. In the past, when I've done this, is print with line spaces. Cross out the errant word and use the space above to write the correct word.  Turn the computer back on and make all the corrections. Reading later I'll find some more errors, and later again some more. If I look few months later, "Oh my." some more errors.

*When someone gives these out for free he/she is a very kind person. Or, dumbly passionate.

theresa in tucson

Greger, a former boss once taught me how to proofread.  He said read things backwards line by line.  Reading backwards slows down the brain long enough for error recognition.  Good point on double spacing the lines.

Theresa in Tucson

peterle

One flaw I came across: The last sentence should say:
" the SEAT seam and darts represent...".

Schneiderfrei

mysewingpleasure

I found this link for the same trousers system, I think I should refer to this forum, because I can see and read more easily than from the Dropbox which is a panic with bad eye sight when i come to a almost-senior-age, sign. I do hope it helps all whom wants to print out the whole document to take draft.

If I had made this a mistake, please correct me and I will delete it, thank you.

http://www.cutterandtailor.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=773
A sewing mom

Schneiderfrei

mysewingpleasure

However, there are a lot of things to pay attention to, J Keiner continued to mentioned a few changes and something missing etc. So anyone who go to the link would have to go through the entire conversations there to find out more information and updates.

By the way, I do not know how I can snap one of the simile faces to drape into here like Scheiderfrei did!
A sewing mom

Schneiderfrei

I read those comments by Kelner, but I never found the actual ones.  I think they were sorted out in the PDF.