Drafting trousers.

Started by Adriel, January 16, 2019, 03:21:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adriel

Quote from: Henry Hall on February 16, 2019, 03:48:36 AM
Adriel, my dear fellow, you only need to widen the fronts at the crotch-line. This is an easy operation and the instructions for doing it were pretty thorough.

There should have been enough inlay cut onto the original muslin to allow for all these fitting issues. If there isn't just sew pieces on and be done with it, it's only a model for the pattern.

Took a break to clear my head, lot of family drama causing distraction. Sometimes feel like shutting of the mobile and ignoring it all.

No inlay on the front panel in this system, if all then onto the wool and add 2cm inlay front and back? Looking like will have to figure out how to modify the back pattern myself.

Henry Hall

On trousers the normal inlays are always on the back panels, but you know when I'm trying out a new pattern or using a muslin on a figure I think will be tricky to fit, I whack a bit on the topsides just in case. Plus I whip up a basic fly so I know how it will sit with a fly in.

You don't need to figure out the back panels by yourself, Peterle really did give clear instructions.
'Being perfectly well-dressed gives one a tranquillity that no religion can bestow.' - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Adriel

Quote from: Henry Hall on February 17, 2019, 06:43:00 AM
On trousers the normal inlays are always on the back panels, but you know when I'm trying out a new pattern or using a muslin on a figure I think will be tricky to fit, I whack a bit on the topsides just in case. Plus I whip up a basic fly so I know how it will sit with a fly in.

Great idea, appreciated!  :) I am literal minded so when say inlay the back, I think not to do the front. Maybe even for the first few different fabrics do this, as not like will be any significant additional amount.

The book on just trousers supposedly be here Sunday, then can check the fly method.

Quote from: Henry Hall on February 17, 2019, 06:43:00 AMYou don't need to figure out the back panels by yourself, Peterle really did give clear instructions.

On the paper pattern? I don't recall seeing, only for the fabric. Regarding those instructions, was not clear to this mentally deformed and damaged (Autism and two TBIs).

Adriel

Correct?

Spalt seam gets chalked strait?

Thank y'all in advance!  :)