Juki 1152 - 4 Refurbishing job

Started by Schneiderfrei, December 03, 2018, 10:48:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peterle

Ok, that´s what I thought. Thanks. And what a handy edge stitching foot you ´ve installed!

BTW the thread loop wich will be taken by the hook, forms at the hook side between the  fabric and the outside needle eye when the needle starts to go up again. The thread on the other side of the needle has to sink in totally in the long groove of the needle (so it´s a bit different than in your drawing). That´s also the trick how you know on any machine how to insert the needle: The long groove must always face away from the hook and spool unit (and as you learned, always thread a needle from the groove side towards the hook unit). Guess why I know... (Tip: a wonderful Necchi Supernova Automatica without needle and handbook).

Hendrick

Quote from: Schneiderfrei on May 16, 2019, 10:27:33 PM
I could now work as a service mechanic for this machine, after all the times I pulled it apart and reconstructed the blasted thing.

You are correct peterle, it is supposed to have a second needle. I was waiting for a replacement needle thread tension spring and took this photo before it arrived.

Each needle has a recess cut in the region of the threading hole. This recess must face outward, toward the hook.  The thread is passed from the inside space between the needles outward, toward the hook.  This seemed counter intuitive to me, until I finally realised that the thread makes a reverse loop across the needle that is then picked up by the hook.

I have Singers that thread from different sides... Sometimes drivin me mad. Took up the habit of checking for the indent and groove with my index finger before threading, now. Austin powers would say: "yeah baby, follow that groove"

Happy sewing!

Hendrick

Schneiderfrei

Thank you peterle and Hendrick, with all my fussing I had not come to that realisation yet.  But, it will burn in now. :D

I will try to redraw my diagram.  That is a good way to learn and retain.
Schneider sind auch Leute