A new cutting table

Started by Henry Hall, December 02, 2018, 04:45:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henry Hall

I got a new cutting table today. It is on legs that can be adjusted to vary the height. This is such a relief for me because the other table was a bit low and had been giving me backache. I had it on blocks for a while, but the table itself wasn't great. This new one is more sturdy.

The cost of delivery was rather exorbitant I thought. I live quite close to the place so I opted to carry it home myself. How exhausting! I'll feel the pain of this tomorrow.  I'll set it up in its spot tomorrow, if I have any energy left.
'Being perfectly well-dressed gives one a tranquillity that no religion can bestow.' - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

spookietoo

Congrats on your new toy!

Isn't it fun to give yourself fun new toys occasionally?

Schneiderfrei

Schneider sind auch Leute

pfaff260

The table is an import piece of equipment. Succes!

Henry Hall

Well this is useful. The old table fits neatly under the new one and I added wheels to it so that it can be pulled out to offer extra surface space!
'Being perfectly well-dressed gives one a tranquillity that no religion can bestow.' - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

TTailor

It makes such a huge difference to have a table at the correct height for you.

Out of curiousity, how high is your table compared to your height? At waist level or just below that?
I think mine is about 38" (just a guess because its been a while since I measured it)

Henry Hall

It certainly is. I've got got it at waist level, perhaps a centimetre or two lower. 103cm (about 40"?) I didn't want it too high in case I sit there with a stool, as is my wont.

hutch--

Mine is just on 1 metre, at my height its about perfect and the trick if you want to sit at it is to use a kitchen style stool that is high enough, preferably one with a back on it.

Sad to say mine gets too many thing put on it (by me), much of my camera gear, currently a DJI drone, one sewing machine, an overlocker, a flatbed scanner, digital microscope then there is the overlocker thread stand and a mountain of tools.  ::)
The magnificent tools of the professional tailor
https://movsd.com/tailors_shears/  ;) ;D

spookietoo

Hutch - suddenly using risers on my dining table doesn't seem like much work afterall!

Henry Hall

I had a plan against clutter. The table on wheels which slips under the bigger table now has two shelves: one just under the table top and one at the bottom of the legs. the top one houses the square, ruler, pencils etc and has room for unfinished drafts. The bottom one has two large plastic boxes with lids, holding work in progress and other larger items.

I need to maximise the use of the limited space I have.