Good recent score.

Started by hutch--, November 20, 2018, 09:07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hutch--

A couple of days ago I picked up a very good leather jacket for peanuts, $30.00 AUD from an OP shop I keep an eye on. Not a recent Asian cheapie but a well made fully lined high quality garment. I have pumped it full of ArmorAll "Leather Care" and will give it another blast in a day or two but it has come up really well. I like older clothing, not particularly by the style but by the high quality manufacture, the style is basically a "Bomber Jacket" with double press studs at the waistline, decent zipper and a narrow vertical collar so it will work well in the cold weather.
The magnificent tools of the professional tailor
https://movsd.com/tailors_shears/  ;) ;D

TTailor

That does sound good!
I was in Toronto recently for a dress rehearsal, and to kill some time, i went into a vintage shop to browse.
I saw a leather coat from the 1970's and i knew just from seeing it on the hanger that it would fit.
It did fit, and the styling was great, price was $79. I didnt but it though. Colour was not good for me and I really am trying to consume less, but it was very tempting.

Henry Hall

Must be in the air. I recently acquired a little-worn biker jacket for €15. It weighs a ton carrying it, but feels okay on. I've never liked leather jackets, but this one is very practical and eliminates the cold, especially when cycling.

My father had one made (from a noted British manufacturer whose name I can't remember), but I've never seen him wear it; it still looks like new after five years!
'Being perfectly well-dressed gives one a tranquillity that no religion can bestow.' - Ralph Waldo Emerson.