Gifting an account in the old Cutter and Tailor forum?

Started by Mr.gustavsson, July 02, 2018, 05:48:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henry Hall

I was worried after reading this, but I managed to log in.
'Being perfectly well-dressed gives one a tranquillity that no religion can bestow.' - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Henry Hall

I noticed also (haven't looked here yet) that all the reinstated photobucket photos there have a stupid watermark on them stating 'proudly hosted at photobucket'. None of them can be downloaded properly either; no programme I have will open them even though they claim to be jpg.
'Being perfectly well-dressed gives one a tranquillity that no religion can bestow.' - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Locke

Perhaps this is futile, but with the original intention of the thread - I too would be greatly appreciative if anyone has a dusty account that could be loaned so I could have a poke around the old website. How much has been lost/is otherwise unavailable to members?

Henry Hall

You do realise that could be such a bad deal for the person who agreed to it? You could steal my account by logging in, changing the password and email address. Plus you could read all the PMs.

I'm not saying you would do this, but who can tell? I realise it's a reflection of the unpleasantly suspicious society, but the internet is what it is.

To be honest, there's quite a lot of stuff here in duplicate - certainly the basic materials. There are just more discussions there reflecting the number of years.

It's also still an active site