ever done a Gehrock?

Started by posaune, October 23, 2017, 03:47:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

posaune

I'm sewing in the moment something like this:
http://www.kostuemkram.com/WebRoot/Store19/Shops/61748328/54F5/D959/1596/F424/F930/C0A8/2BBC/4561/M7003-2_ml.jpg
I could not upload the pic. It shows a "Gehrock" pattern from Simplicity. Back view
My question: In the center back there is an overlapp. I have lined the whole skirt. Now I fear maybe the opening will open.
(I have no opportunity for a fitting. It is for my grandson in Berlin)  And I remember that I knew once something about that kind of doing the back to make sure it does spread. Maybe some one out there knows it??? Or have I nothing to fear?
lg
posaune

hutch--

The magnificent tools of the professional tailor
https://movsd.com/tailors_shears/  ;) ;D

pfaff260

Spreading means your Rückenlänge is to long. If your measurement are correct, it should not happen.
By the way, you would notice such a thing. The young folks in Berlin will only admire your grandson in his beautifull Gehrock.
Hope this helps.

Schneiderfrei

Of course I have no experience but here are some articles I have found.

I hope one may be helpful.

G
Schneider sind auch Leute

posaune

Oh I feared it. I hoped for a tutorial which says: No problem at all! :-) But in the deep folds of my brain somewhat like this was lurking!
As I have not measured him - ha, I'm not reponsible :-)))))

Thanks for your encouragement; pfaff260
lg
heidi

jruley

The wider the "tack over" (the overlap between the back panels), the less likely a gap will show.

Also, an old trick was to sew pennies or other metal weights in the coat tails, so they would hang straight down.

posaune

In the last thread "Corpulent draft for a body coat"  I stumpled  over the word "Gehrock". Remembered me of mine and I send you a pic from the finished ensemble, trousers, waistcoat and Gehrock. Those are colors!:-)
lg
posaune

Schneiderfrei

I love the colours! They are so fun.  Men's fashion is usually so dull.  Mind you, It could also be an excellent outfit for Batman's Joker. :)

Greger

Ka Bam! Those colors are bright!

This one boy in school made the school bus wait in the morning if it was a little early so he could finish the Batman TV program. Then he would run out and get on the bus to go to school.

pfaff260

Looks nice Posaune! Did it fit him well afterall?

posaune

It was the Joker, Schneiderfrei 😄. I did not know that such a Character exists before. And it fit well. Only the pants were a bit tight in the waist. Which was My fault. Took the measure of his Brother whom i sewed a vest and shirt

Its a Graf DRacula
Lg posaune

Schneiderfrei

Also great cloth and perfect for Dracula. :)