Jetted trouser back pocket video

Started by lepus, May 18, 2016, 01:02:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lepus

I'd like to draw attention to a recently published video by Sebastian Hoofs, tailor in Cologne, and if I'm not mistaken, a member of this forum.

In it he demonstrates the construction of a jetted trouser back pocket. In particular he avoids in-between trips to the pressing table by using machine basting. Although everyone will have their preferred way of making these pockets, I think it's always interesting and educational to see how others do it, and this seems a nice and clean operation.

(When you use machine basting, make sure to put the upper thread tension back to normal. Otherwise that difficult seam that you just finished and that came out better than ever before will have to be done again because it has loops on the underside - and you will not be the first to have that experience.)

It's a well-made video in my opinion, better than the usual YouTube stuff, and it's strangely reassuring to see that he as well has resonance problems at certain speeds of the machine.

Henry Hall

I was going to post this video yesterday! To that discussion on C&T. It is indeed a well-made video.
'Being perfectly well-dressed gives one a tranquillity that no religion can bestow.' - Ralph Waldo Emerson.