Revisited Mission Impossible, A Men's Sports Thong.

Started by hutch--, November 26, 2016, 05:20:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henry Hall

This is very commendable. It's part engineering, part tailoring. Isn't lycra warm wearing though? And all that elastic.

As a true-born Englishman I'm more likely to wear full-length linen trousers even when it's 35 degrees Celsius. Masochism I know.
'Being perfectly well-dressed gives one a tranquillity that no religion can bestow.' - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

hutch--

I have probably mis-described what the garment is, a thong is generally something with string sides and a string back strap and they are supposed to have something to do with sex appeal where the design I made is properly a narrow back brief that you wear under short leg shorts like sports wear or in my case stubbies. A thong is usually an uncomfortable thing to wear that risks cutting you in half where the narrow backed brief design can be worn all day working or running around.

The particular lycra is about 120 gram and is very well behaved, not all that hot and reasonably robust, washes easily and dries quickly but its a cotton lycra, not the old nylon shiny stuff which is unpleasant to wear. I have in the past made cycle shorts from nylon lycra and its really horrible stuff to wear for long. Probably best left to swimming costumes.
The magnificent tools of the professional tailor
https://movsd.com/tailors_shears/  ;) ;D