Does anyone have Advanced Practical Designing for Men's Clothing, London 1970?

Started by Jeffrey2117, October 31, 2016, 10:33:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeffrey2117

Hello everyone,

I was inquiring if any have a spare copy of the book, Advanced Practical Designing for Men's Clothing, London 1970.

I have seem to misplaced my book and cannot seem to locate it, just wanted a hard copy for easy reference.

Kind regards

Jeffrey2117

Henry Hall

'Being perfectly well-dressed gives one a tranquillity that no religion can bestow.' - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Steelmillal

Sir, yes Sir.

I've been looking for a comparison copy myself, but haven't found it amongst the usual suspects. I'm curious if it carries close similarities to the Mitchell system published about the same time.

tailorsham1

Good day, folks. I'm on a search for this particular book as well: "Advanced Practical Designing for Men's Clothing", London 1970. Any advice on where to procure? Thanks kindly.

JM MacLachlan

Quote from: Steelmillal on March 06, 2017, 03:02:53 PM
I'm curious if it carries close similarities to the Mitchell system published about the same time.

No, it bears no resemblance to the "New" or "Modern" Mitchell system which was done in the 1950's. It's block base is very close to the T&C system but with some changes, such as 3/8" seams are factored throughout, a couple of calculations are different, slight difference in the squaring of the shoulders with a slightly higher NP. Honestly, all the drafts that would benefit the majority are already posted on the C&T forum.