Suit Design Software - A Perfect Solution for Bespoke Cutter and Tailor

Started by johnypeter, September 16, 2016, 03:40:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnypeter

Hey Cutter and Tailor. !!

Don't miss out reading this post if you want to take Your Business to the topmost level

If You are selling or tailoring suits, then an amazing suit design software got launched. A software which can be integrated with any E-Commerce website allowing the customer to design the suits online and buy it from the same platform.

Loaded with Extravagant Feature. Read Out

1. Select Fabric, Cloth and Style
2. Choose the color contrast for various parts of Suit
3. Provide the Measurements and get your suit ready

Watch out the Full Software Demo - https://youtu.be/sFPsSIKMEho

For any Queries or Business Consultation. Click down the website - http://www.idesignibuy.com/

spookietoo

Sir....your posts here seem to be nothing more than a waste of our time and yours.

Your programs have nothing to do with hand crafted clothing.

theresa in tucson

Spookie, I agree.  What he is offering is nothing more than an involved "order" form.

Henry Hall

You have to hand it to the fellow(s) they have perseverance. There have been changes since the last iteration (so the people who bought the old version have been gypped).

It has a 'market' no doubt, just not here. And it's irritating to be used as a free think-tank for making improvements.

Jonnypeter (great name, say hello to Jimbob and Johnboy when you see them), this is better placed at somewhere like Styleforum. All the easy money scoundrels are there.
'Being perfectly well-dressed gives one a tranquillity that no religion can bestow.' - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

lepus

Quote from: spookietoo on September 16, 2016, 10:20:30 PM
Sir....your posts here seem to be nothing more than a waste of our time and yours.

Your programs have nothing to do with hand crafted clothing.

Quote from: theresa in tucson on September 17, 2016, 01:01:57 AM
Spookie, I agree.  What he is offering is nothing more than an involved "order" form.

I wouldn't want to dismiss the idea out of hand. I can see software like that running on a system at a tailor's as part of the consultation. It could provide the client with a way of selecting and trying different garment details like pockets and other possibilities, and exploring a design in different fabrics. Some people cannot visualise such details and specify them appropriately when commissioning a garment to be made, and a corresponding sample garment might not be available. Draping a length of fabric over the shoulder of the client is not a substitute for seeing the prospected garment on screen in all its glory, preferably on a body double.

Besides, a tailoring firm may be interested to start a cheaper made-to-measure line; it may even bring in customers for the full works in due time. But it is probably nothing for those who abhor even the use of a treadle sewing machine and think of gaslight as modernization going too far.

hutch--

I am half and half on the topic, as long as Vivek keeps this stuff out of the tailoring forums, I don't see a problem. The assertion that this marketing approach is Bespoke Tailoring is simply nonsense, it is finally server side software being hired out to prospective customers who make a range of clothing from a set of graded patterns with variations that can be dialed up by the customer.

I would like to see the propaganda and sales pitch match what is being offered rather than outrageous statements and marketing nonsense.
The magnificent tools of the professional tailor
https://movsd.com/tailors_shears/  ;) ;D

spookietoo

Quote from: hutch-- on September 17, 2016, 09:15:21 AM
The assertion that this marketing approach is Bespoke Tailoring is simply nonsense,

I think this is the part that really bugs me. With several decades of sales expertise myself, when I hear a sales spiel overly caked with BS, I know somebody's about to get taken.

His software used as a visual sales aid would be fine.  Presenting it as a fabulous aid for Bespoke tailoring is just a load of hooey. Even full blown CAD drafting hasn't reached the point of being more time effective than a skilled draftsman with pencil when creating an original draft.

If you're going to sell something - be honest about what you're selling.  This presentation merely propagates the notion of MTM being an equivalent to bespoke.

Henry Hall

Quote from: lepus on September 17, 2016, 06:01:30 AMDraping a length of fabric over the shoulder of the client is not a substitute for seeing the prospected garment on screen in all its glory, preferably on a body double.

This is why one has to trust the tailor that he actually knows what he's doing. An in-person visit to a tailor will have test models, though perhaps for those travelling tailors it might help to have some sort of visual aid. Still it's only when he reaches the first fitting that the customer will have a real idea.

Quote from: lepus on September 17, 2016, 06:01:30 AMBut it is probably nothing for those who abhor even the use of a treadle sewing machine and think of gaslight as modernization going too far.

Weird. Favouring traditional tailoring isn't the same as residing in the 1840s.
'Being perfectly well-dressed gives one a tranquillity that no religion can bestow.' - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

lepus

Quote from: spookietoo on September 17, 2016, 12:25:40 PM
Quote from: hutch-- on September 17, 2016, 09:15:21 AM
The assertion that this marketing approach is Bespoke Tailoring is simply nonsense,

I think this is the part that really bugs me. With several decades of sales expertise myself, when I hear a sales spiel overly caked with BS, I know somebody's about to get taken.

His software used as a visual sales aid would be fine.  Presenting it as a fabulous aid for Bespoke tailoring is just a load of hooey. Even full blown CAD drafting hasn't reached the point of being more time effective than a skilled draftsman with pencil when creating an original draft.

If you're going to sell something - be honest about what you're selling.  This presentation merely propagates the notion of MTM being an equivalent to bespoke.

QuoteHis software used as a visual sales aid would be fine.
But it's exactly there that the software currently fails rather spectacularly in my view. As I mentioned in the other thread, the display of the "designed garment" is almost too primitive for words. It looks as if they took a picture of the fabric and overlaid it with a shadow map of a garment. For a shirt in a checked fabric you then end up with this, on their site, therefore relevant as an example:
http://www.idesignibuy.com/shirt-designer-tool.php
For the privilege of that, plus a pretty straightforward select, combine, and measurements interface, that you still need to integrate with your web software, you are expected to pay $399. Not once, but montly. It will find its market, no doubt. There is plenty of competition though.

Quotewhen I hear a sales spiel overly caked with BS
On the term "bespoke": it is, as far as I know, not protected or precisely defined anywhere, contrary to "haute couture" in France. The British authority on standards in advertising allowed it to be used for other construction methods than the Savile Row Bespoke Association describes; they take the "made to order" element as normative. One may not agree with this, but it is only natural for businesses to use and exploit this as they see fit.

Henry Hall

Well, if it were being used according to the origins it would just refer to the agreed reservation of the cloth and an agreement to make something from it. From that it would be legitimate to include made-to-order, made-to-measure, or even some completely unfitted garment like a one-off RTW from that cloth.

I think the fact that the term bespoke has seeped into other fields (as diverse as marketing plans, advertising strategies and fitted shelving) and is used to mean precisely: a one-off made to a particular customer's very exacting specifications and not for others, makes it easy to see that the meaning of the term is actually agreed upon.

hutch--

The term "bespoke" is certainly subject to abuse, I have seen here in OZ a truck parked near where I live that had "Bespoke Plumber" painted on the side.

spookietoo

I use the term "bespoke" on this site and C&T as I know that most here understand its meaning. Most of its usage in actual day to day life seems to be centered around the concept of creating a phony air of exclusivity, to the point that it rather gags me. Its one of the latest marketing buzzwords - therefore losing much of its actual exclusivity.

Lepus - when I abbreviated "BS" - it didn't mean "bespoke" - rather an abbreviation for "bull excrement" - not sure where you are from - so not sure if there was a misunderstanding. Also your report of the software costing $399/month, does confirm my assessment of products being offered as the result of overly stated sales "spiels".

Fortunately, it sounds as if the pricing in this instance should prevent anyone from actually taking that plunge.

hutch--

:)

I am guilty of the same abuse, my signature is "Bespoke Snippers".  ;)

spookietoo

Hutch- I definitely would NOT put you in that category. You're personal admiration of one of the needed tools of the  profession borders on actual worship.  Nothing phony about that! You ARE the "man"!  ;D ;D ;D

lepus

Quote from: spookietoo on September 19, 2016, 12:40:25 PM
I use the term "bespoke" on this site and C&T as I know that most here understand its meaning. Most of its usage in actual day to day life seems to be centered around the concept of creating a phony air of exclusivity, to the point that it rather gags me. Its one of the latest marketing buzzwords - therefore losing much of its actual exclusivity.

Lepus - when I abbreviated "BS" - it didn't mean "bespoke" - rather an abbreviation for "bull excrement" - not sure where you are from - so not sure if there was a misunderstanding. Also your report of the software costing $399/month, does confirm my assessment of products being offered as the result of overly stated sales "spiels".

Fortunately, it sounds as if the pricing in this instance should prevent anyone from actually taking that plunge.

;D
Even a borderline illiterate like myself would have needed persuasion to interpret "BS" as an abbreviation of bespoke (Be Spoke?). I was referring to what you called "sales spiel" in the quote, obviously a description of the presentation of the I Design, I Buy product in a derogatory way, with the word "Spiel" alluding to an element of manipulation, or even deception. I'm not exactly sure where you see evidence of that though.

The more I learn regarding "the bespoke question", the more I'm inclined to think that attacking johnypeter (and friends) for offering their products as an online option for bespoke tailoring businesses on the grounds of terminology is unjustifiable, unreasonable and unfair. In today's world it seems to be widely accepted that the word bespoke has assumed the meaning of made to order to individual specifications (including measurements), no more and no less. Savile Row can, according to their spokesperson, live with that, and the fact that some people on some forum get their knickers in a twist about it is really neither here nor there.
Why this forum was included to promote their products I don't know, it may just be because it is called "Bespoke Cutter And Tailor" and they came across it during their web search. I have not seen their pitch in the other place.

The more or less corresponding designation of the profession doesn't appear to be protected or reserved in other countries either. In Germany for instance anybody can set up shop and call themselves Maßschneider(in).

It is quite interesting, incidentally, to examine more closely the arguments brought forward by the parties in the 2008 ASA case, they contain some remarkable and intriguing points.