Developing the "Classic Fit" Shirt

Started by jruley, July 23, 2016, 12:24:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henry Hall

Very nice. The new lighting setup/backdrop sets everything off. It rather brings it more alive when you see shirts in various cloths other than just plain colours or unbleached cotton.
'Being perfectly well-dressed gives one a tranquillity that no religion can bestow.' - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

jruley

Quote from: theresa in tucson on August 13, 2016, 01:31:27 AM
J, your shirts look comfortable and you should get lots of wear out of them.  Now that you have a successful pattern you can vary it and make multiples.

Theresa in Tucson

Thanks for the compliment.  One thing bothers me - I wonder if the folds in the right chest (which are consistent across several different fabrics) are due to an overcorrection for scoliosis?  We developed that correction before dropping the right shoulder, and I wonder if there is a little too much slant in the side seams?

Should be easy to check - I can cut the next short-sleeve shirt with some inlay at the sides and play around with the slant...

posaune

As your bone is more in front on the right side  you need more length here in bodice and maybe sleeve. Less slant is to achieve
posaune

jruley

Quote from: posaune on August 13, 2016, 04:50:19 AM
Less slant is to achieve

I'm sorry, I don't understand - do you mean less slant is needed, or more?

posaune

less, you not more length over the bone.
sorry for my english
posaune