Draft for a boating blazer

Started by Henry Hall, April 16, 2016, 05:28:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henry Hall

Does anyone have suggestions for a basis draft for a boating blazer? I thought perhaps the 1970 T&C sports jacket draft: here.

I'm thinking fairly unstructured (though not totally so).
'Being perfectly well-dressed gives one a tranquillity that no religion can bestow.' - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

pfaff260

Henry Hall

That is most interesting! I have next-to-nothing in Dutch drafts or anything on making-up. It's like the history has disappeared. I like that a sleeve draft is included. The reduced ironwork likely makes it more suited to cotton cloth.

What's the magazine?
'Being perfectly well-dressed gives one a tranquillity that no religion can bestow.' - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

pfaff260

Schneiderfrei

I thought a blazer cold basically be any double breasted jacket with brass buttons.  Striped cloth for boating. 
Schneider sind auch Leute

Henry Hall

The (mainly blue) double-breasted with brass buttons is technically a reefer. The origin of the term is not for me to settle, but boating blazers are mostly single-breasted, striped coats rather than the blue coats people call blazers.

Greger

Lounge are single breasted.
Reefers are double breasted.
Blazers are either.
Then there is the navel reefer with metal buttons that is not really a blazer.

How about a shawl collar blazer, Henry?

Thom Bennett

Blue Blazers and Boating Blazers are one and the same, the cut is determined by fashion.  The reason boating ones have bright colours is due to competitive boating, the stripes and colours denoting the club, school, University etc.

http://movsd.com/BespokeCutter/index.php?topic=268.0
"Tailored with Love and Passion"

Social Media search for Thom Bennett Tailoring

thetailor.thom-bennett.co.uk

Thom Bennett Bespoke Ltd "Reassuringly Expensive"