Compton shears

Started by Jeffrey2117, March 25, 2016, 04:23:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeffrey2117

Hello All, 

I thought I would write about my newly acquired 12" Compton shears.  I happened to see them on Ebay at a very nice pricing.

I thought they would help me cutting heavier canvas or denims and help ease the pain in my hands due to arthritis.

These worked wonderful and cut through a remnant of stiff canvas and then denim with ease, without any resistance that I could notice and hands did not suffer at all. 

I wanted to pass this information along in case anyone else has similar issues with their hands.

If anyone knows how to post the photo's on the site, please let me know!

Regards

Jeffrey2117

hutch--

Jeffrey,

If its the eBay site photos, right click in the photo window, select "Copy Link Address" or similar depending on your browser and it will be copied to the clipboard on your computer.

Paste the address into a forum post window, select the whole line it is on and click the button under the "B" button and it will add the "img" tags.

Sounds like you have a nice pair of shears there. When you get your Wiss ones sharpened they should also be much better to use and nowhere as much effort to cut heavier fabrics.

Should look something like this.
The magnificent tools of the professional tailor
https://movsd.com/tailors_shears/  ;) ;D

Jeffrey2117

Hello Hutch,

The shears I bought look like paper shears, they have the long handles and shorter blades.  These are so sharp and cut through heavy cloth so easily, I could not even feel any resistance at all.   

I bought them specifically to see if they will help me when very  cutting very heavy stuff.

I took a couple of photo's and saved to my computer, but uncertain how I may post them on here.

Thank you for any help or advice.

Jeffrey2117

hutch--

Hi Jeffrey,

Unfortunately there is not enough server space to host very large quantities of image data so we cannot support uploading to the server but if you either have or can find space on a web site like Photobucket or Dropbox or any others like them them you upload the photos there and place links to the photos here or in any other forum.
The magnificent tools of the professional tailor
https://movsd.com/tailors_shears/  ;) ;D