Jacket Toile Fit Check

Started by jruley, March 18, 2016, 03:45:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schneiderfrei

Hi Henry,

After 20 years of work as a therapist, my observation is that for right handed folks the right shoulder is 'normally' lower and the left is higher, maybe a cm or so.  I interpret this as being the result of using the left arm to "get on top of things" and hold them down, while working with the right arm.  the case for left handers is reversed.   If the right shoulder is higher, and usually painful in some way, that should be a temporary situation that would normally respond to some sort of therapy.

It needn't be the result of spinal twisting, but certainly such a condition will lead to shoulder differences I would expect greater than 1 cm though.

G
Schneider sind auch Leute

jruley

Quote from: Schneiderfrei on March 28, 2016, 11:25:44 AM

After 20 years of work as a therapist, my observation is that for right handed folks the right shoulder is 'normally' lower and the left is higher, maybe a cm or so.

For the record, I am right handed, so that fits.

posaune

hi Lepus
thanks for taking the time and for the summary you did! Very valuable and welcomed.
I looked again at the pics and you are right: some times the shoulder are even, sometimes not, sometimes left, sometimes right higher (or lower).
But now I let it rest in peace.
lg
posaune