Lyocell fabrics for suit jacket linings?

Started by OlymposPartizanos, May 25, 2024, 03:34:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OlymposPartizanos

I was introduced to this kind of fabric from a video of a textile engineer. Information on the internet says it is more eco friendly in production than viscoseļ¼Œ with simmilar moisture absorption to cupro, and more durable than this two and even cotton. It can also have a silky appearance.

Recently I made a jacket for myself with normal bermberg cupro body lining, but tried a piece of lyocell fabric in similar weight for sleeve lining. I weared it for a few days and it is quite good so far. I purchased it from the place that I normally purchase for my cotton and linen fabrics from, and the price (20 yuan/metre, about 2.8 dollars) is even a bit lower than bemberg fabrics (about same price per metre, but narrower width) that I bought from the internet (probably because they're mainly doing wholesale trade?).

I haven't seen any source mentioning use lyocell fabric for lining before, nor any search result. Is it just because it is quite a camparatively newly invented fabric (about 1980s) and not being a part of tradition of tailor's practice? Or is there any other reason? Have anyone ever tried it before?