Lighten Up, Francis

Started by Steelmillal, August 14, 2023, 09:25:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steelmillal

There was a guy in Australia that was big in automotive steam. It works great, but the oil people get mad. Diesel had contracts in USA, but the gasoline peeps did him in on the boat ride back to Europe. I'm looking at Edison batteries and magnetic generators. It all works, but same problem with oil people: they 'drone' you. Stan Meyers proved water/H2 tech and they took him out just after a meeting with DoD muckity-mucks. He was gonna power mil tanks with hydrogen split off of water.

For the house I'm renovating for my daughter, I'm planning on putting in a passive hot water heating system pulling from the sun and wood heat in a mash of pipes through a greenhouse/three seasons wrap around porch. No steam but a goodly amount of heat for Michigan winters.

Schneiderfrei

THEY may or may not have 'done folks in' in the thirties or so (Pogue Carburettor), but the truth is that the alternatives don't perform very well. THEY needn't have bothered. Steam automobiles would still need a coal wagon and regular shovelling  >:(

In tailoring terms what you're looking at is The Emperors New Clothes.  ;)
Schneider sind auch Leute

Greger

The hot water heating methods you are talking about sounds good. The pipes in the wood stove don't need to be in the flames. My parents did that and they had plenty of hot water. Two tanks. This one company had black pipes that got the water real hot. One person I knew made a black box out of wood, stuck his pipes in there, glass over, and it got so hot that the solder melted. (He had the incorrect solder). But it was hot water. If it cuts 80% 0f the hot water bill that is a huge improvement. Even 60% or 40% is doing good.

Schneiderfrei

When you think about it, nuclear energy is just jazzed up steam power. It's still heated water but with a snazzy heat source.
Schneider sind auch Leute

Steelmillal

Quote from: Schneiderfrei on June 29, 2024, 10:34:53 AMWhen you think about it, nuclear energy is just jazzed up steam power. It's still heated water but with a snazzy heat source.
I aint too keen on Fukashima Fizzy water. I'll stick to hyper novelty free energy. More on that directly.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C9pTmCNyucC/

Happy Monday, Y'all!

Greger

I'm looking for a hot spring to live by. Pipe it into the house, greenhouse and shop. Maybe the barn, animals eat le$$ when not so cold. Year around swimming, even when the snow is falling.

Steelmillal

Needed a laugh today. Helped.
https://www.instagram.com/p/C93JVTeRK_D/
..may be good for annoying your kids too. Take their toys and have more fun on them than they did :)

Greger

Don't their knee pads ever wear out?

Steelmillal

Extreme fun requires sacrifice, or scar-i-face, or at least a bruise. Not sure if I could bend down that far  ;D

Greger

Hit a pebble and the wheels will trip.