Off Topic

Started by De De, August 06, 2024, 07:24:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stoo23

https://hannahmontana.sourceforge.net/
Wow,.. well who would have imagined that ??,..  ::)  ;D

Kubuntu distro's are a version of Ubuntu, (which is Very popular) and is based on Debian a historically Stable and reliable distribution  :)

Does your Mac Mini have an Intel CPU or a later Arm M1 or M2 CPU ??
If it is one with an Intel CPU (which being a 2011 model it probably is), the Linux MINT might be a great option.
Linux Mint on Mac Mini

ZorinOS is also very good and would work happily on the Mac Mini I'd venture  :)

SO_tailor

Quote from: stoo23 on September 13, 2024, 02:29:29 PMDoes your Mac Mini have an Intel CPU or a later Arm M1 or M2 CPU ??
If it is one with an Intel CPU (which being a 2011 model it probably is), the Linux MINT might be a great option.
Linux Mint on Mac Mini

ZorinOS is also very good and would work happily on the Mac Mini I'd venture  :)

Wow thanks for the suggestions  ;) !

You know I may have to make a correction to my statement: after researching I think I actually have a 2010 Mac mini; the reason is for the disk player. The models I've seen in 2011 don't appear to have the disk player so from that I believe it is more 2010 ish. But from what I reaserched it does have an Intel CPU; and apparently is compacted with a Nividia graphics card (the last thing I'd expect in a apple product LOL). Now I haven't checked the specs on my Mahcine yet but considering it had 4gb pre-installed ram I'm guessing it was from 2010.
—Solomon/Sol

stoo23

QuoteBut from what I reaserched it does have an Intel CPU; and apparently is compacted with a Nividia graphics card (the last thing I'd expect in a apple product LOL). Now I haven't checked the specs on my Mahcine yet but considering it had 4gb pre-installed ram I'm guessing it was from 2010.

Well, that sounds like it should work very well with Most linux variants that can run on a Mac Mini.

A distro' like Zorin is very Resource friendly and can (with appropriate choice of desktop manager - like XFCE etc) can run effectively on older hardware with limited ram etc  :)

Apologies btw to the OP for going completely OFF Topic of the 'Off Topic',..  ;)  ;D

SO_tailor

Quote from: stoo23 on September 14, 2024, 11:34:18 AMApologies btw to the OP for going completely OFF Topic of the 'Off Topic',..  ;)  ;D

I was thinking the same Stoo! The OP was probably just doing this to market their products and then a month later I had to reply.

It's funny how a post named "Off-Topic" can become itself. Coincidence? It went from me ranting on AI to talking about Linux. Guess that's what happened when you name a post "off-topic" lol.
—Solomon/Sol

SO_tailor

—Solomon/Sol

stoo23

Yeah,.. I guess considering the Topic title, ... We are 'Allowed'  ;)  ;D

SO_tailor

—Solomon/Sol

Greger

Are you suggesting that I make movie costumes? Or, TV shows? That could be interesting.

Nuclear disaster. Chernobel has some strange biological things happening there. Or, mad scientists hiding their evil creations under as nuclear disaster. Don't see it other places.

SO_tailor

Quote from: Greger on September 16, 2024, 04:30:36 AMAre you suggesting that I make movie costumes? Or, TV shows? That could be interesting.

He he I was referring to the acronym for "Extra-Terrestrial" ;).

Quote from: Greger on September 16, 2024, 04:30:36 AMNuclear disaster. Chernobel has some strange biological things happening there. Or, mad scientists hiding their evil creations under as nuclear disaster. Don't see it other places.

Well a TV show about tailors dressing radioactive mutants would sure be interesting now thinking about it. Wonder how that would play out...
—Solomon/Sol