Vielen Dank!

Started by Steelmillal, February 17, 2023, 05:14:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greger

How about shaw lapel suit, sports coat or  blazer. 'Told that it is largely not appropriate, therefore, sometimes ok.' It breaks up what can become mundane. If not worn often enough becomes shocking, jarring. Shocking becomes hard to mentally manage. Some people say the mind should stay "plastic"- adaptable. Shaws are normal for White Tie and Black Tie.

Steelmillal

I got a brand! Yeah, I barely know about it either :)

Anyway, I tell every parent with kids of any age, "Solidworks! And electrical engineering. Plant managers are always EEs and SWs surfacing will get them >50k first year even when their other love is surfing." I've avoided bringing any of it up, but Spookitoo's 3D mention warrants the topic. IT DOESNT REPLACE PENCIL SKILLS, for you young whipper-snapper digital-natives. Rip the plug out'da wall and see how well your draft goes. Then try a pencil, charcoal, and a candle or northern light...
https://archive.org/search?query=solidworks+surface&and%5B%5D=mediatype%3A%22movies%22

DBL lapel: I think a well-endowed chest pulls off wide lapels and is why the photo jumped out at me. I emailed the prison body weight workout and he has a deck of cards. That one is rough, too. Either way the kid reminds me of Loomis' 9_head man.

Rules are written for those needing guidance. Those who write the rules are simply overtly practiced in proven principles and protocols. Taste is the subjective quality that sometimes goes widely outside the envelope of the swinging style pendulum. Dressing like a selected mentor is quite different than dressing like a Bollywood 'product'. Uniforms come in as many shapes and sizes as people and jobs so dress for the duties and hazards involved and success is at least moved along some. I did tell my son, only one 'flier' is allowed as long as alles anders is sober: Along with classic patterns, gonna pass down my Jerry Garcia, Beatles, and Bugs Bunny ties :) Most there wear jeans/cotton except top-floor critters; they wear lambswool, same for the finance customer base. The boy is quite 99percentile, same for his big sis, and both CSWPs, so they'll be ok.

Hendrick

Hmm, shawl collars are as old as Byzantium. I believe... In 30's hunting-, sports- and other utility coats, shawlcollars were plentyful. I like canadienne coats and jeepcoats from that era, can't quite remember which scandinavian country had shawl collars on their naval coats (I believe Denmark). I also love the dandyish fin de siecle smoking- and dinnerjackets in brocades and such. I suppose there are occasions for everything. Like Cole Porter said, "anything goes"

Steelmillal

Almost everything goes as long as the customer pays the bill :) I've a neighbor who wants a smoking jacket made out of an Army "woobie". Takes all kinds..

Hendrick

Hendrick

About yr previous post... Everyone expects digital presentations these days. Years ago, I discovered "Poser" and made great use of it. Tech packs and things, I used Adobe Illustrator for, and still do. Must admit, I still prefer sketching and for Illustrator I always scanned sketches, traced half of them and then mirrored them in the application(...) To say that digital enhanced my creativity would be a blatant lie...

Steelmillal

Alias, now Maya, was the big package years ago. Siemens NX is the big boy now. CATIA by Dassault is also much used globally. It's all well beyond what is needed here, but when someone shows up with new AI bs loaded with old anthropometry data into excel, I scoff. It's cool for the kids, though: a video game with Newtonian physics at their fingertips and the little ones are scariest, so speak with y'all's kids school admins staff down to elementary schools through high school. They can get it for free to use in programs. Anyway, it's all.. ...oh look a chicken...

...an three more, in the order they played, especially for the Left Coasters and young people who've never heard any of this...
https://archive.org/details/nrps1978-12-31.akg414.flac16
https://archive.org/details/blues-brothers-nye-1978-winterland-sf-ksan
https://archive.org/details/gd1978-12-31.154899.akg.dolby-adjusted.miller.flac24

Greger

Oh great! Steelmillal! Are you asking me to dust off my brain to learn the latest technology? Maybe this dinosaur needs to find some neighbor children to show him what he is missing that he didn't know that he is missing. Sometimes I think I missed my graveyard appointment. I actually was revived. Maybe that was a mistake. Some advances are pretty nice, though. Just imagine what it would be like without the light bulb? Well, I'm not that old. But mom grew up without light bulbs. And outdoors plumbing. 40 below temperatures. Dad had them as a child. In the old days a few people were inventing. Nowadays, millions are inventing. Who can keep up.

Hendrick

I mainly worked with companies using Lectra/Gerber that works from 3d conception (incliuding fabric mapping) and the German Assyst software (doing the same, albeit more rudimentary), I never touched the 3d world; too much screentime for my tastes...

SO_tailor

Despite what some may think, nothing can replace a hand drawn paper pattern. Don't really know how to explain it, but there's something about a hand-drawn pattern that makes it superior. Even with all these "advancements" in technology, the truth is that nothing can replace the human mind. I know this an unpopular opinion, but machines aren't smarter than humans, and they definitely aren't artists either. There are many things that the human eye can see that a machine can't see.
—Solomon/Sol

Hendrick

Thank you Solomon...  Of course it can't replace the human; it never saw a warm body, let alone touching one...

SO_tailor

Quote from: Hendrick on February 24, 2023, 07:49:05 AM
Thank you Solomon...  Of course it can't replace the human; it never saw a warm body, let alone touching one...
;D
—Solomon/Sol

Steelmillal

Greger I'd pay you good money to hang around in the shop and just talk. And bulldog the pups. Consultants make large cash now that so many young people are <fill in the blank>. And today after the ice storm, I am without a lightbulb. Lunch was made on alcohol tea stove. I'm down to the local wifi for emails.

And you aren't missing anything. Drawings are to communicate to others ideas clearly seen in one's mind. How many today could even ID the movie is the stills v the latest 0llywood trash. Besides, the historical memories beat fancy schmancy flash digital crap any day. So keep on keepin on, Sir!

I only brought the 3d stuff up to not bring it up again. Useful but like watching paint dry, to me.  NOW, the sketch pads that can mimic charcoal. Thems the schweatness, me thinks. Imitation of life requires one to go out and live it to appreciate the facsimile.
https://archive.org/search?query=creator%3A%22Manning%2C+Samuel%2C+1822-1881%22

Schneiderfrei

SteelmillAl

Were any of those Greatful Dead links to the times they would drop a heavy tab and turn the delay on their feedback to 0.5 seconds and play whatever came to mind? A la Tom Wolfes book??
Schneider sind auch Leute

Steelmillal

"...a..." truckload maybe..  8)

This is my style thought to develop for my son. I used to walk into proceedings in 3pc and everyone treated me like my son tells me 'his' people act when breezing through CubeLand. lLotta lapel goin' on there. Sober and button sloppy at same time. :D