This is my slim fit trouser...

Started by GipsyApprentice, September 11, 2022, 04:43:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GipsyApprentice

Hi everyone!!! And now I'd like to show you what I did get from one of the images kindly shared before by pfaff260 and posted in the thread "Slim fit trouser"...

The draft and my pattern and measures...

GipsyApprentice

...and the garment that we've obtained.. :

I must say it is a cheap poly-cotton gabardine but good enough to give a try to that method. As we know all could get better and I'd like you tell to me what can I do to make it better...
Thanks in advance and waiting for your impressions...  :) ;)

Der Zuschneider

They fit good, looks nice. The system works. I am too old for such style. I prefer normal trousers; otherwise, I wear jeans.
Tailoring is the love of doing art at OCD level.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/196434445@N05/albums

Gerry

posaune

For a polyester-cotton blend, nice. You can not do much iron work with it.  Yes, you can improve them a bit. They are a tiny bit tight at crotch level: front and back. And I would deepen the back crotch curve a bit and let out the back inseam so the back pants will come up.
Good work
lg
posaune

GipsyApprentice

Hello everyone and thanks so much for your comments...
And yes, I did think in about the matter of shape the legs by steam can get a better result.

Quote from: Der Zuschneider on September 12, 2022, 12:06:33 AM
They fit good, looks nice. The system works. I am too old for such style. I prefer normal trousers; otherwise, I wear jeans.
Many thanks maestro, in fact that model says to be für Jugendliche  I do prefer something more normal as you say, but I did this one just to try the sistem on in a more slim fit. There was another model rather interesting for me but the imagen its unreadable at all, but now pfaff260 help us with that sharing the images of other very good draft for me that I'm going working on right now. I'd like to get some trousers draft from the 60'ties that I do consider the best for men's tailoring... :) ;)

Quote from: Gerry on September 12, 2022, 12:24:04 AM
Nice work, they suit you.  ;)
Even though the model is for young boys still could work on for me too, jajaha..!!! Thanks to you Gerry ;D :D
Quote from: posaune on September 12, 2022, 12:55:44 AM
For a polyester-cotton blend, nice. You can not do much iron work with it.  Yes, you can improve them a bit. They are a tiny bit tight at crotch level: front and back. And I would deepen the back crotch curve a bit and let out the back inseam so the back pants will come up.
Good work
lg
posaune
Many thanks for your comments posaune, I thought that could be just for that draft was developed for a very young figure but making the changes you pointed and open up a bit more at Fußweite level will make a more real garmen to use, thanks again.
For now I'm going to work on the new draft that pfaff260 already shared us, thanks for that and have a great weekend you all..!!! :) ;)

Hendrick

Nice pants! Take care that when you deepen the seat they don't start sticking against your front thigh...

GipsyApprentice

Quote from: Hendrick on September 12, 2022, 04:50:30 AM

Nice pants! Take care that when you deepen the seat they don't start sticking against your front thigh...

Hello and thanks for your comment maestro!!! But how can I get that effect? Maybe by drawing the inside leg line wider but this have connection with the seat measure 8 cms up to that line. And then, I think we have a correct draft but not a good one for an adult person with others measurements and proportions... Thank you and have a nice day..!!! :) ;)

pfaff260

GipsyApprentice

Quote from: pfaff260 on September 12, 2022, 04:11:08 PM
Well done! Nice trousers.
Thanks so much maestro! I did follow the instruccions in the draft and thought its a good model for a young guy. Already working on with the last trousers draft that you shared in the other post, here the first pics and following all the instruccions, only 2 cms less for the fußweite...

Looking forward for your comments, please.!!!

Hendrick

For starters, the fabric will make more than a little difference...

GipsyApprentice

Hi everyone, hoping you all  have had a great weekend!!!
Well, here more shots of my recent work, The fitting stage for the new trouser and how it looks finished already.
I've shortened the back center line in 1cm and I think that sits better, and maybe the seat angle should be little more straight. Let me know about your impressions,please...

GipsyApprentice

That's the draft I've followed in almost all the details.  I hope could be possible to get something better by using a more quality fabrics. Thanks you all for your kindly replies...! :) ;)

peterle

Mueller drafts are meant to geht some Ironwork before they are sewn. Poly fabrics dont take much Ironwork, but you can do at least the Seat seam line: give the curve  and tip of the seat seam a good stretch with the Iron before sewing. The fabrics is on the bias there, so it will stretch. The sewing will fix the stretch.

GipsyApprentice

Quote from: peterle on September 20, 2022, 05:17:02 AM
Mueller drafts are meant to geht some Ironwork before they are sewn. Poly fabrics dont take much Ironwork, but you can do at least the Seat seam line: give the curve  and tip of the seat seam a good stretch with the Iron before sewing. The fabrics is on the bias there, so it will stretch. The sewing will fix the stretch.
Hi and thanks a lot Maestro for the advice, I'll do that right now, and thought about deepening a bit the curve that looks little bit like a "L", maybe doing that could get better...