Cutting Masterclass

Started by Gerry, July 03, 2022, 04:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gerry

Steelmillal

Mr. Allison's hangers are wonderful. There's an outfit out of Canada that supplies Samuelsohn/etc. whose hangers hold shoulder shape nicely, also, but made out of plastic v. cedar. I'll try to find the address.

Edit: https://www.wayfair.ca/storage-organization/pdp/rebrilliant-6-pack-wide-shoulder-wooden-suit-hangers-black-by-rebrilliant-c005276104.html

I'll look in my closet for markings on the ones I have to see if the same OEM.

Gerry

I love his videos for suit fittings. It's always interesting what tiny alterations professional tailors see (that I often miss). Very educational.

Kirby's latest episode of From Suit To Shoot was great too, where he gets measured up for a hunting jacket at Poole. Not my style at all; and lots of tweeds are simply the wrong colours for my complexion. I love the tradition of those Row establishments though.

Petruchio

I think the quality of his videos really improved over time. Now they are just half an hour professionally shot documentaries on satorial issues, which is just wonderful to see. I really like his fitting videos especially those by Jensen and Wil Whiting, I think I really learned a lot by those.