Bust Divergence? Donnanno drafts

Started by TTailor, April 20, 2021, 04:32:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greger

Hendrick, I may have heard that decades ago. Because the shoulder blades are an important part of the garment area. If it doesn't fit right there, got to have room for movement, it's an improper cut if it hinders shoulder blade movements. I know there is a measurement method for that. Not all tailors use it. It can be used to check the pattern before cutting.
It probably came from a shoulder pattern system. As far as I know there could be 10 different kinds of these measurements back when "everyone" was producing their pattern system.
Another purpose for this sort of measurement is a  location for adding or subtracting ease. Don't want to be slavish to pattern directions.

Hendrick

I like the slightly exotic systems for measuring. Elsewhere on the forum there was a discussion about the term "bust divergeance", we usually call them chestpoints or bustpoints. My dad used to measure, with a tape measure around the back neck, over both chestpoints down to the exact 1/8 at waist height. He asked then for a person to rest on their right leg  first and left after that. He could tell exactly the amount of scoliosis a person had...

Schneiderfrei

Hi Hendrick,  that sounds like thorough measurement.

My day job is a physical therapist, I look at bodies that closely, I am slowly trying to weave together my body work and my knowledge of tailoring.

I'm going to try it out.

G
Schneider sind auch Leute