Regal's American Garment Cutter Volume 1 Request

Started by ruvort, December 19, 2020, 11:04:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ruvort

Does anyone happen to have a copy of volume 1 of Regal's American Garment Cutter in either the fifth or sixth edition that they would be willing to share?

TTailor

Now that I have had a cup of coffee I see that this is a second edition 1908, a time of very interesting and short lived stylistic choices.
There is a third edition which is dated 1914.
What year would the fifth or sixth edition be?

ruvort

Thank you for your reply :) I did see these, but they are sadly a bit too old.

The Fifth edition was published around 1934 and the Sixth was published around 1944.

Cafe Impecunious

This does look interesting, but what edition would 1924 or '25 be?  My particular period of interest is right around there, as that's generally the most flattering silhouette for me

ruvort

Quote from: Cafe Impecunious on December 20, 2020, 08:13:57 AM
This does look interesting, but what edition would 1924 or '25 be?  My particular period of interest is right around there, as that's generally the most flattering silhouette for me

That would have been the fourth edition.

TTailor

Have you seen either of  those editions anywhere?
I assume you have searched abe books and what about libraries?

ruvort

Quote from: TTailor on December 21, 2020, 12:29:56 AM
Have you seen either of  those editions anywhere?
I assume you have searched abe books and what about libraries?

I've checked online and haven't had any luck finding it on sites like Abebooks. It does appear to be in a few university libraries (according to the Worldlib website), but I'm not sure if those libraries participate in the interlibrary loan program. Unfortunately, with the current events, my local library (I'm located in the Portland, OR area) has haulted the interlibrary loans until further notice.