Author Topic: Why is it so hard to find....  (Read 928 times)

Dunc

• Human Being
Re: Why is it so hard to find....
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2019, 09:17:54 PM »
I've still never tried a rotary cutter. I don't want to purchase some enormous cutting mat  just for that, though I suppose a sheet of board would do as well.

I use a small rotary cutter on an A3 board for fiddly little bits - shirt collars, cuffs, sleeve plackets, and the like - and I have to say I wish I'd tried it sooner, and I wouldn't want to be without it now. And like spookietoo says, they're great for cutting bias strips. Haven't tried it on slippery stuff though...

Henry Hall

• Research
  • A very small jeff
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2019, 02:31:54 AM »
Maybe it's worth a try for small pieces.
‘Being perfectly well-dressed gives one a tranquillity that no religion can bestow.’ - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

spookietoo

• Home Sewist - Focusing on Tailoring TN - U.S.A.
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2019, 01:20:16 AM »
Hendrick - your Dad's idea for misting light fabrics is something I'll keep in my nd. Excellent idea.

My only cutting mat for my rotary was part of a small kit. Its approx 6" x 18" and the whole kit on sale was around $15. A large mat would be nice for linings, but I've yet to go there. The kit also came with a thick, clear plastic, graded ruler which is used to hold the fabric in place with one hand while cutting with the other. Regular pins and weights are rather pointless with a rotary.

Saber

• Human Being
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2019, 04:37:26 PM »
Go check on pinnotti, they still selling nice 14" tailor shears