Pants draft from 1947.

Started by pfaff260, May 14, 2017, 08:08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pfaff260

Schneiderfrei

Schneider sind auch Leute

ruvort

Quote from: pfaff260 on May 14, 2017, 08:08:12 PM

The link seems to be down, would you be willing to repost this?

pfaff260

It must have been this one, hope it helps. Or did you want to wear it with braces? Then the back is a little different.

Schneiderfrei

I would like to see the braces version please Pfaff260, if you have it.

Can you say something about the Westdeutstsch Schneiderzeitung?

G

posaune

After the war not only the country were parted. The tayloring community too into Ostdeutsche und Westdeutsche. In East they taught the "Einheitssystem". In the west there were several systems I know Leibold in Frankfurt Lenassi  from Stuttgart(?) and Müller in Munich. But I am sure there were more  Seeing the drawing , the draft and reading the text this must be a Mueller and Sohn publication.
lg
posaune

Schneiderfrei

Thank you very much posaune.  It does look like Mueller u. Sohn, now you say that.  At first, I actually thought it was from a 50's version of "Der Zuschnitt".

G

pfaff260

Posaune is right, this is Rundschau. This comes from 1 1/2 year subscription of a tailor who took lessons in München. My braces one is in dutch. I will look it up.

pfaff260

This is a pair of trousers to be worn with braces. It is a dutch pattern from the early 50's.

pfaff260

This one is from  a handwritten dutch manuscript from the late 40's This is from a legacy of a tailor.

Schneiderfrei

Ha ha, be careful what you ask for.

Thank you so much for these Dutch examples Pfaff 260.

The hand written one will keep me busy for a very long time.

G

pfaff260

Schneiderfrei, you can always ask me for help with your translation.

Schneiderfrei

Thank you Pfaff260.

I might just do that.

G

peterle

The patterns in the  German monthly publications often carry the trademark sign  of the pattern system. This one is definitively Mueller Muenchen ( Sign at hem level).
Other emblems I found were "Original 1/10 Zehntel-Schnitt", "CAB Czujewicz vormals Benedikat"(Berlin) and one for the Lenassi "Reformschneider" System.

Schneiderfrei