Author Topic: Please introduce yourself here.  (Read 49973 times)

tom bennett

• Research
  • Human Being
Re: Please introduce yourself here.
« Reply #225 on: May 03, 2020, 07:24:29 AM »
Hi there, welcome to the forum, what do you wish to achieve in your sewing journey?
Instagram: @thombennett_bespoke

matus1989

• Human Being
« Reply #226 on: May 04, 2020, 07:20:15 PM »
Hi everyone :)
I'm Matt from Poland. Hope to learn a lot from you guys :) I am on beginning my sewing journey but I'm very exciting :)

IlContadino

• Human Being
« Reply #227 on: May 04, 2020, 07:29:59 PM »
Hello everyone,
my name is Jasper. I am german, and currently studying in the netherlands and pursue sewing as a hobby. After some experiences with sewing basic jackets (with no shaping or canvas, so very two-dimensional), I am now happy to have found this forum and get deeper into cutting and tailoring.

I have done one suit jacket made of linen, which does not have any lining and was completely done by hand (following a burda pattern). As I cannot afford a large amount of material at once, I am looking to get a more italian style with little padding, canvas, and a mostly unlined jacket. My next project for the summer is an unlined double-brested linen blazer (that will be the first time I use a canvas). I will update this post if I have made any changes to my goals and efforts.

I am very much looking forward to the contact, and grateful to have stumbled upon this resource.

Best,
Jasper

IlContadino

• Human Being
« Reply #228 on: May 04, 2020, 07:37:40 PM »
Addition: I am fluent in english and german (was born in germany and study in english). So if you have trouble translating certain passages of german tailor-related texts, I'd be glad to see whether I can be of service.

Schneiderfrei

• Research
  • Resembles Human Being
« Reply #229 on: May 04, 2020, 08:38:04 PM »
Buona sera Contadino!

Vedure o Fruiti?

Ciao G

krudsma

• Human Being
« Reply #230 on: May 10, 2020, 07:55:38 AM »
Hi there! My name is Steve and I'm an American living in Chicago. I would classify myself as a definite amateur sewer. I've been sewing for about 5 years and feel fairly comfortable on my sewing machine, however I'm very new at making garments, having only completed my first shirt a few weeks ago (with lots and lots of help from David Coffin's wonderful book). I did this using a commercial pattern that I modified to fit my weird body type (tall and very thin), however I am determined to figure out how to draft my own patterns. My goal is to be able to make wearable shirts for myself, and hopefully trousers at some point as well. I'll leave the coats to the pros  :)

I imagine I'll be asking for a lot of guidance in terms of taking measurements and fitting - If anyone's posted a guide to taking measurements, I'd love to read it!

Also, I speak passable German which has already been a huge help in reading over the Rundschau method and other materials curated here.

So: Hallo!