Author Topic: Please introduce yourself here.  (Read 49003 times)

Korto2b

• Human Being
Re: Please introduce yourself here.
« Reply #195 on: January 07, 2020, 03:17:00 AM »
Hello everyone, I'm a french home sewer, interesting in man tailloring. I hope to upgrade my skill by discovering new methods and tricks !

Youngsarto

• Human Being
« Reply #196 on: January 08, 2020, 09:05:13 PM »
Good morning, posting to prove I am not a bot

Schneiderfrei

• Research
  • Resembles Human Being
« Reply #197 on: January 08, 2020, 10:49:46 PM »
Ha ha, welcome Youghsarto and Korto2b.

JoJo Remeny

« Reply #198 on: January 26, 2020, 12:49:19 PM »
Hi I'm a new member just joined I was a member of the cutter and tailor but it seems to have been neglected and many links do not work so decided to join this forum..
I'm a fashion designer bin Birmingham England.
I have also trained in Tailoring and am fortunate to have been trained by 4 Tailors...
I have a fashion and Tailoring shop in Birmingham and I  make Bespoke suits with the help of my 2 retired Tailors..One is a Cypriot tailor who is nearly 92 years young ..He is still cutting jackets for me and my customers.
I  have been learning the old traditional methods from him including hand stitched buttonholes and full canvas suits.
My other retired Tailor was a trouser tailor for 55 years and taught me how to make Bespoke trousers..

My 91 years old Cypriot tailor won Savile Row cutter and tailor exhibition in 1957.
I'm so fortunate to have him in my shop still teaching me his way if cutting and making jackets..
I teach draping, dressmaking,pattern cutting and teach Bespoke waistcoat and trousers courses at my shop besides making dresses and alterations for customers..
I will put videos up of my work on here .
You can add me  on Facebook and Instagram and see my Tailoring.
Look forward to contributing on here and learn from other Tailors...Every tailor has their own system of cutting and making up suits,do look forward to seeing different methods. 
You never stop learning until the day you hang up your shears!!!
Thanks
JoJo Remenym

tom bennett

• Research
  • Human Being
« Reply #199 on: January 26, 2020, 10:31:32 PM »
Hi JoJo, great to see you on this forum, the C&T has now died a sad death. Sounds like you have a really interesting history and business, and how cool to have a tailor like your Cypriot, must be fascinating working with him, listening to his stories. Look forward to reading your contributions here.
Instagram: @thombennett_bespoke

Henry Hall

• Research
  • A very small jeff
« Reply #200 on: January 27, 2020, 08:24:57 AM »
Yes, sounds amazing, I also look forward to hearing more. What is it with tailoring and longevity?! Only the other day I saw a BBC report about a 94 year-old tailor making waistcoats in a nursing home. 50 per day!! Puts me to shame.
ĎBeing perfectly well-dressed gives one a tranquillity that no religion can bestow.í - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Jana

• Human Being
« Reply #201 on: February 06, 2020, 02:42:02 AM »
Hi all, my name is Jana. I'm from Munich - Germany. Sewing became a kind of obsession years ago. I have learnd pattern construction and a lot of sewing techniques with books and videos. As my fiance is always with me shopping fabrics in the most hidden stores worldwide, I decided to start sewing mens' wear (just to pretend he has also benefits using our holidays for searching the perfect fabrics) I have just created the pattern for a tailored jacket and now screening all channels online and offline to learn how I can finally start realizing this jacket.

Henry Hall

• Research
  • A very small jeff
« Reply #202 on: February 06, 2020, 12:13:11 PM »
You've come to the right place. At the moment the boss seems to be on holiday and so the forum is overrun with annoying spam. I can't bear to log-in except to check if it's gone. Stick around, things will pick up.
ĎBeing perfectly well-dressed gives one a tranquillity that no religion can bestow.í - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

pelusobros

• Human Being
« Reply #203 on: February 10, 2020, 11:14:33 PM »
Hello all! My name is Matthew Peluso. Iíve been in the tailoring world for around three years now. I first worked in made-to-measure (Kiton, Zegn, Isiaia, etc.) in sales as well as alterations. Shortly there after I moved from my home in the United States to Rome to learn tailoring. I attended school at LíIstituto di Moda Burgo and La Camera Europea Dellí Alta Sartoria. Then I moved on to a move formal apprenticeship at a tailor shop here in Rome.

In the past I had had trouble using The Cutter and Tailor platform, more recently I decided try again, only to find this new site.
Iím excited to share my work with you and look forward to the continued improvement of all the readers of this forum.

Schneiderfrei

• Research
  • Resembles Human Being
« Reply #204 on: February 10, 2020, 11:28:06 PM »
Welcome pelusobros,

It wil be great to see what you bring to show.

G

Vilhan

• Ambitious but lazy.
« Reply #205 on: February 18, 2020, 08:29:55 PM »
Hello Everyone!

I'm a fashion design graduate, currently working as industrial designer. I only pursued tailoring as a hobby, never tried to do it professionally.
After a few years off, I slowly start to rediscover my passion for it, so here I am.

I had a Cutter and Tailor account but never got around to post my work. Hopefully this will soon change.

Glad to see that there's still a place for us to gather and discuss.

tom bennett

• Research
  • Human Being
« Reply #206 on: February 19, 2020, 08:26:45 AM »
Hi Vilhan, yes we set this place up after the first time the C&T went down. Look forward to seeing your work. We're a very friendly bunch here without the formality of the C&T you can ask questions on any subject without qualification. Where are you based?
Instagram: @thombennett_bespoke

Lindylou500

• Human Being
« Reply #207 on: February 21, 2020, 09:14:56 AM »
Hello, I used to really enjoy reading and learning from the Cutter and Tailor forum and only just found this new one.

Iím a retired female who has sewn since the age of 11 but only recently started to learn about fitting, tailoring and pattern drafting. Iím very interested in sewing menswear as I have a husband and two adult sons. Iím not in any sort of sewing profession but hope itís ok to join as I want to improve and I also very much enjoy reading about the skills of tailors.

Linda

hutch--

• Administrator
  • Bespoke Snippers
« Reply #208 on: February 21, 2020, 11:55:08 AM »
Hi Linda,

You are exactly the type of person we cater for in this forum. We have our share of highly experienced professional and they help out as their time allows. Welcome on board.
The magnificent tools of the professional tailor
http://www.movsd.com/tailors_shears/  ;) ;D

Lindylou500

• Human Being
« Reply #209 on: February 21, 2020, 08:01:37 PM »
Thank you very much for that nice welcome! I will feel comfortable being here now and can hopefully learn from the invaluable experience of others.