Author Topic: Please introduce yourself here.  (Read 44674 times)

Vilhan

• Ambitious but lazy.
Re: Please introduce yourself here.
« Reply #210 on: February 21, 2020, 11:42:49 PM »
Hi Vilhan, yes we set this place up after the first time the C&T went down. Look forward to seeing your work. We're a very friendly bunch here without the formality of the C&T you can ask questions on any subject without qualification. Where are you based?

Hi Tom, questions will surely come, as I just started drafting my first classic suit pattern  ;D . I'm based in Romania, in Cluj-Napoca. As some of you might know, there are still a good number of factories and workshops in Romania, so naturally I acquired experience in a somewhat more industrial setting. 

tom bennett

• Research
  • Human Being
« Reply #211 on: February 22, 2020, 11:35:32 AM »
Romania, I'd like to visit there, a some very good shoe makers. Which system are you using to draft your suit?

Vilhan

• Ambitious but lazy.
« Reply #212 on: February 26, 2020, 11:47:11 PM »
Romania, I'd like to visit there, a some very good shoe makers. Which system are you using to draft your suit?

It is a beautiful country to visit, especially if you do find pleasure in nature. I recently picked up Winifred Aldrich's Metric Pattern Cutting for men so I will try his system and see how it looks. As for now, I did draft the bodice, but I'm less than happy with the armscye shape so I will need to look into that. 

BugsyJR

• Human Being
« Reply #213 on: February 27, 2020, 09:33:53 AM »
Hello,
I am Ruthi, I have been mostly a hobby seamstress most of my life.  I started sewing when I was about 4 or 5, my mother was a professional seamstress/tailor. I mostly sew my own clothes, and some for my immediate family, I am always eager to learn, and help others.  I also collect vintage sewing machines, and repair/maintain a small handful of industrial machines for my employer; I do not sew professionally.

Gatto

• Human Being
« Reply #214 on: March 02, 2020, 07:49:11 PM »
Ciao a tutti !
Hi everybody !
I am very happy to find you all here again !
I have a menswear shop in Milano, making bespoke shirts, drafted and cutted by me,  and selling other products like sweaters, shoes etc.
I was a member of the old Cutter and Tailor forum.
Now attending a course for learning to make a proper tailor made jacket.
that's all for the moment !
Andrea

Schneiderfrei

• Research
  • Resembles Human Being
« Reply #215 on: March 02, 2020, 08:48:16 PM »
Ciao Gatto!

Ť un piacere vederti sul forum.

G

laditi6360

• Human Being
« Reply #216 on: March 08, 2020, 03:26:34 AM »
Hi All,
Iím Oladiti, hence screen name laditi6360.
Based in Kent UK, I would describe myself
as a moderate bespoke tailor and runs a small scale
business along this line.
My intention of joining the group/forum is to educate
myself more on the Ďart of bespoke tailoring old & new
techniques etc. My main interest is trousers making,
followed closely by jacket making & tennis of course
love that sport to bits😊
I hope to perhaps contribute to the forum in my
own little ways.
Thank you all for having me

tom bennett

• Research
  • Human Being
« Reply #217 on: March 10, 2020, 08:45:42 AM »
Hi Oladiti, interesting name what is its origin? Welcome aboard we are a friendly bunch on here. I'm a Bespoke tailor based in Bristol I pop up here now and again. How long have you been tailoring, do you cut and make? What system do you use? Look forward to your contributions to the discussion.

RPOwens

• Human Being
« Reply #218 on: March 19, 2020, 02:28:48 PM »
Good morning/afternoon/evening to you all,

I am a complete novice to the world of cutting and tailoring. My experience is strictly in basic alterations (I can hem trousers using a blind hemmer, I can taper a shirt, and I can just about remember how to take a waist in on a pair of trousers). I am, however, interested in learning the best practices to make my own clothing, since I am a rather difficult fit (a 14.5 shirt, a 34 short suit coat, and a 28 trouser) which makes finding clothing which fits difficult, since I am also a husband and father and cannot afford to spend a great deal on my clothing.

I look forward to getting to know you all, learning a great deal, and practicing.

Chad Joseph

• Human Being
« Reply #219 on: March 26, 2020, 02:30:58 PM »
Hello Everyone,

I am a college student wanting to pursue tailoring and cutting after I graduate. I have been sewing now for only 2 years and am looking forward to learn more everyday! I've made a pair or jeans, dress shirt, and chore coat in the past year. Fit is a big struggle for me right now but am working at problem solving through thrift stored garments just for practice.

Thanks for reading this!

Chad J

Quimera

• Human Being
« Reply #220 on: March 28, 2020, 09:41:09 AM »
Hi, I'm Sara. I'm a home sewer from Chile. Now I am sewing more than before, because I have to make clothes for some friends and family members who cannot find clothes in the store that fit them well. Years ago I took a sewing course that includes pattern making clases, which helped me learn basic things, but the pattern making method they taught was modified and simplified possibly to make learning easier, however this caused the patterns not to fit well, so I'm relearning, reading in order to gain more technical knowledge. I want to learn other pattern making methods and improve fitting, balance,etc.

I recently bought my first pattern book, Dorothy Moore's, from which I read good reviews and comments. I would like to ask for reviews and information about some other authors and books, like Jack handford, Natalie Bray, Helen Nicol Tanous, etc.
I would like to purchase more books in the future, but to know if they fit what I need, since I cannot spend much for now. I'm a new member, can I open conversation threads about this in "Good Books To Own" section, as a new member? Thanks for reading . PD: I apologize for any idiomatic error, my native language is spanish. I will try to be careful in using your concepts and vocabulary.