Author Topic: Please introduce yourself here.  (Read 40513 times)

jmysapp

• Human Being
Re: Please introduce yourself here.
« Reply #180 on: September 03, 2019, 01:16:41 PM »
Hello!

My name is James and work professionally as a software developer, but have an interest in making clothing in my free time. I've sewn in the past and have never been totally satisfied with the things that I've made, although my expectations might be a bit too high. The last project I tackled was a pair of trousers and I just couldn't get a muslin to fit comfortably. I had to take a little break and now I think I'm ready to give it another go. So glad I found this forum!

anastasia_gr

• Human Being
« Reply #181 on: September 12, 2019, 03:08:47 AM »
Hi everyone, my name is Anastasia and I have been sewing and pattern drafting since I was a little kid. In the past I have worked at various clothing companies mainly making patterns. I also apprenticed for about a year and a half with a retiring seamstress, where we mainly did small runs for boutiques and companies. Now I have just started at the costume department of the Greek National Opera, so it is a good excuse to learn more, and I love all the old methods people post on this forum (I used to follow the old one as well!). Nice to meet you all!

Velociraptor26

• Human Being
« Reply #182 on: September 24, 2019, 07:20:34 PM »
Hi guys,
My name is James. I work in finance and have been making my own clothes for a while now. So glad I found this forum!

Moschen

• Human Being
« Reply #183 on: November 30, 2019, 12:15:47 AM »
Good morning sirs/madams!
My name is Elias, I am a 21 yo student who happens to sew whenever there is free time available. I am a newbie who has commited the mistake of starting my sewing trials with a jacket, and used to read the old forum. I am starting a waistcoat on my vacations, may God help me   :)

Mitchell

• Human Being
« Reply #184 on: December 07, 2019, 08:16:35 AM »
Hello, all. Mitchell here. Not of the Mitchell Tailoring method, thankfully. That looked…not great. Not a bot. Frequently found in Manhattan, NYC. A silent member of the old C&T forum.

I’ve noticed not everything in the old forum is completely transferred (nor does it need to be!); however, I am looking for an old Dutch (?) black and white film of a master tailor at work, and students. Girls and boys. No sound, I think. The master sketched the coat pattern and the vest together (as Der Zuschneider assured is what is properly done—and I believed him!). Anyway, I enjoyed it, but can’t find it on the Wayback Machine. C&T is down again as of last night, even if you do have log in credentials.

Not sure where to post this. Feel free to move it to a more applicable section.

hutch--

• Administrator
  • Bespoke Snippers
« Reply #185 on: December 07, 2019, 05:36:58 PM »
Its unfortunate but C&T is like a boat let lose in the sea with no-one at the helm. There was a lot of good stuff there long ago but neglect has destroyed much of it.
The magnificent tools of the professional tailor
http://www.movsd.com/tailors_shears/  ;) ;D

pfaff260

• Human Being
    • http://menfash.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Tailoring-Advice-for-Men-Suits-6.jpg
« Reply #186 on: December 08, 2019, 06:32:48 PM »
@Mitchell
There are actually 2 films

Joshua

• Human Being
« Reply #187 on: December 11, 2019, 09:07:01 AM »
Hello, I'm Joshua. I was a then and again CandT member for years, though I never tried tailoring. I work at a well known men's suiting store and am thinking of getting into tailoring in order to increase my usefulness to the company and clientele by doing alterations. I'm a very big (350 lbs), very tall (6'4") man so I'm especially interested in the particular needs of b&t men. I look forward to reading your post and learning what I can!

Ignacio

• Human Being
« Reply #188 on: December 12, 2019, 12:50:32 AM »
Hello my name is Ignacio . I have worked in retail mens fashion for a couple of years. I want to learn as much as i can about MtM . My long term goal is become a tailor. I want to make a suit.
Iggy

Wicker Chair

• Human Being
« Reply #189 on: December 14, 2019, 12:19:31 PM »
My name is Patricia and I am a complete neophyte for tailoring (my sole foray was a man's dress shirt about 20 years ago), but I am looking for information that can be transferred to sewing tailored clothes for myself.